Weirdest Roblox Physics I've Ever Seen

(Post withdrawn, hiding code for future)

1 Like

Are those gifs? Cause all I can see is pictures, might be a problem on my end. Idk

Yeah, they’re supposed to be gifs. Maybe try right clicking and opening it in a new tab?

Instead of Get Children when you’re changing the physical properties of the player, do GetDescendents, to make sure you’re getting any hats and accessories as well.

Or, try disabling Load character appearance, to get a clean m model.

Tried getting rid of the character appearance completely, and this happens:

I’m even more confused now…

Have you trued changing the density of the characters so it’s heavier?

Have you also experimented with the Massless property?

I really do not understand why this is happening, but I’ll try to help anyway. :man_shrugging:

Maybe try CFrame animation instead of Roblox animation, and also positioning the Character off the ground by a tiny increment? It might be happening because it is colliding with the baseplate.

Try setting R15’s Hip Height to 0 and see if that is the problem.

1 Like

I placed the character above the ground completely and that didn’t fix anything. I’ve also tried setting the leg parts to CanCollide = false, which didn’t fix anything either. I’m starting to believe it isn’t exactly a R15 problem, but a code problem that is accentuated by the weird weight of R15 parts.

Have you tried setting Humanoid:ChangeState to Physics?

https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/enum/HumanoidStateType

If I recall correctly, the collisions of all humanoid parts are locked. Setting it to CanCollide = false will be reverted. You can give collision groups a try.

Yeah, I realized that I after I made this post. I’ll try out collision groups.

Setting the HipHeight to 0 alleviates a lot of the problem. The only problem now is that the body starts “shaking”

I think it has something to do with friction but I’m not exactly sure.

Setting the HumanoidStateType to physics really messes up the character for some reason :thinking:

I set all the parts other than the HumanoidRootPart to Massless, and that helped a little (I think).

Alright, my friend and I found a solution!

1. Setting the humanoid’s hip height to 0 alleviates a lot of the glitchiness and weird stuff happening, but the body starts wobbling all of a sudden.

2. Instead of using the root’s CFrame alone, setting it do a CFrame slightly below works for some reason.

local setPos = (root.CFrame*CFrame.new(0,-.2,0)).p
root.CFrame = CFrame.new(setPos, setPos + forwardVector + velocity)

Thanks for your help everyone!

1 Like

Looks awesome. I guess you can say it was a group effort huh,

1 Like