Welcoming Byfron to Roblox

Finally a good update towards helping out developers on shifting their focus onto their game, rather than the anticheat!

15 Likes

They aren’t so innocent or harmless due to frame based scripts in games, and they’ll be blocked due to their nature of latching into the roblox client.

11 Likes

No security features have been officially implemented or announced at this time as stated in the original post. Before requesting toggles and other solutions, let them actually implement some of these things first. You very well may not even notice them get implemented into the engine because they should seamlessly work across all experiences.

Also, the engineering team is well aware of how hard it is to implement any type of anti-cheat into the game engine because there is virtually no limit on what a Roblox game can be or do.

17 Likes

That’s a very great information, I hope this new anti-cheat have any type of configuration for developers, if that’s the case would be even better ngl.

THE ANTI-CHEAT… THE ANTI-CHEAT IS REAL!!!
can we get much higher… :notes:

32 Likes

Great news! Really hope that this will actually work and we will finally be able to get rid of these exploiters ruining games.

17 Likes

hope this goes well and doesn’t end up like everything else.

12 Likes

Will this client-side anti-cheat include a kernel level anti-cheat solution? How will this interact with Linux?

65 Likes

finally, haha! we are getting the stuff we need! All exploiters should be shivering their timbers!

15 Likes

Awesome news, hopes this leads to preventing some of the current exploits etc

8 Likes

oh my god ! finally lol ! that’s quite insane to put an anti cheat after 16 years

16 Likes

I’m optimistic about this update, but skeptical, as it’s truly terribly difficult to find a one-size-fits-all approach to anti-cheat (which is why nobody’s done it yet!). I’m hoping with the fact that this anti-cheat can probably access some additional client-side information that it doesn’t lead to any innocent users being terminated for things like admin commands. Because while this company has had mostly smooth success with Fortnite, it’s different with Roblox being a platform where script customization is a huge part of what makes everything work.

Hopefully this acquisition doesn’t just lead to a cat-and-mouse game with exploiters finding easy ways around the system. That would waste everybody’s time.

Another concern I have is that this will lead to reduced game security by newer developers, who have always been guarded by an anti-cheat. If even one cheater manages to slip through the cracks, it could potentially lead to game-breaking consequences like item duplication and scoreboard manipulation. Because why try to protect your game if Roblox/Hyperion does it for you? Just a thought.

As well as things like AutoHotkey and FPS Unlock getting false flagged. I run an AHK macro on my laptop 24/7 that binds the ‘E’ key to Alt-R, because that key doesn’t work anymore, so I would not want to be barred completely from playing Roblox lest I get an exploiting ban for using it.

28 Likes

The announcement (partially) a lot of us have been waiting for! Excited to see the outcome of this.

6 Likes

There’s only one potential problem I see with this; the anti-cheat might get a false positive by developers running LocalScript code intentionally on only the client side thus resulting in moderative action thanks to inconsistencies between client and server.

Other than that, great concept, but please make sure the concept has great execution as well. We all know what happened with Roblox not listening to its community before this (e.g. the 2022 materials update, changing the default Roblox Studio icon set, etc.) so let’s hope for something that isn’t a repeat of events like those.

But hey, at least the intention is there, so I have high hopes for this feature.

17 Likes

(post deleted by author)

43 Likes

Finally the long awaited update. Very excited to see this!

8 Likes

Sounds amazing! Very happy for what is to come!!!

6 Likes

I’m glad Roblox is aiming to bullrush down their goals and push out content they announce as quick and efficiently as possible. I wasn’t expecting this to be announced so soon especially after it was sort of grazed over during the inital announcement

6 Likes

While I am glad to see Roblox take steps to focus on giving us all an anti-cheat solution to the platform, I am extremely worried about the quality of said anti cheat.

Byfron’s website doesn’t provide any information on their software and anything that you can really find is forum posts dedicated to cracking anti-cheats with people claiming to have reliably cracked it days after its original release in July of this year.

Also, what does this mean to the players who run FPS unlockers on their client? Will we get banned now because of this? Does Roblox plan to unlock the FPS of the client?

19 Likes

I don’t know how well this going to execute but sure it’s good news that they’ve focused on anti-cheat too, thank you Roblox.

5 Likes

ironically, i have implemented a frame lock for some things in the past in my games, which prevents you from playing if you used an fps unlocker;

overall, im glad that we’re getting confirmation about the anti-cheat becoming real. this has been a very very long due change.

6 Likes