Welcoming Byfron to Roblox

Sorry for being too late for replying it didn’t give me a notification but anyways i mean that byfron is supposed to detect if someone is exploiting so imagine if a dev wanted to test his anti cheat but if they wanted to test anti cheat on something like no cooldown or something like that it will be a risk for them to be banned from the whole platform

Just make it check from the server also if you are scared about that then why the console inside the server tab exist?

That’s what I was referring to, but you wouldn’t do that. You can just mess with stuff in the client side of studio, in the explorer and command bar.

Testing games against exploits using the command bar, LocalScripts, and stuff isn’t quite the same as using an exploit executor; Exploiters can use all functions, while Studio won’t let you run any function that is restricted to CoreScripts (“Roblox Script Security”).

Also, better executors have their own libraries with functions that have no equivalent in Studio. For example, there’s ways to “protect” Guis, view nil instances, and get references to all event connections and disconnect or fire any of them.

Due to all of this, if I were trying to find potential exploits in my game, nothing would be a substitute for using the same programs exploiters would use. If Roblox Studio could do all of this, then it would be a good alternative, I suppose.

3 Likes

I love that the title was “Welcoming byfron to roblox and it is still not out”

3 Likes

When using 3rd party software (Roshade, fps unlock) they need to inject code into Roblox to make it look like that and hacks need to inject stuff into Roblox too, So how will the anticheat effect them?

It was more a welcoming seeing how to community would react to it, they still have to develop the internal integrations between the two companies

any updates? its been some months

1 Like

At this point I’ve accepted that Roblox can’t stay true to their timelines.

I can name countless instances where we have been promised an update/news only to receive nothing for years afterwards.

3 Likes

While I agree with you on certain parts I do feel with an update this impacting it does require time and patience to make everything is as minimal impacting to developers but still achieves what it is designed to do.

Although I do heavily agree on needing an updated timeline on what is being done with this feature and when should we be expecting its arrival.

2 Likes

Yes I agree that Roblox should take their time as this will have a large impact on developers. As you mention, the lack of updates/ any communication from Roblox is really the worst part.

1 Like

It’s so sad lol I’m surprised no mods took this down yet it’s pure sheer embarrassment how late it is

I believe the point is to stop people from doing that

Then they really need to just natively support 60+ FPS framerates. Doesn’t make competitive games “competitive” at that point.

I know it’s been a while, but is there like a timeline on how they are progressing integrating the anticheat into Roblox? It doesn’t have to be roadmap, just some form of communication on the integration.

1 Like

Roblox didn’t partner with Byfron. Roblox owns Byfron.

It’s already being implemented silently. It will be announced when it’s fully released which should be soon.

2 Likes

I love how it takes roblox 30 seconds to make a horrible update like banning >13 ad viewing but it takes them 1+ years to make a good update (it will probably be that long)

Kinda nervous that some exploiting systems will SOMEHOW bypass this. Hopefully not…
Other than that, the time has finally come, no more stolen assets. THANK YOU!

2 Likes

I hope ill still be able to use FPS unlocker

3 Likes