Welcoming Byfron to Roblox

Probably yes.
But I think, still using alts on the website such as group holder, or an automated ranking bot (yeah ok cloud API going to change the playgrounds when it’s out for group management too) still allowed I believe.
Exploiters often create alt accounts in case if one gets banned they’d just move to the other so probably this is why they brought up the alt detection, to combat against the exploiters.

However I’m unsure if they meant the alt account detection only if it’s used to exploit and if using a shared account in the same household (e.g.: the computer/tablet or whatever device is shared) still allowed or not. They should’ve elaborate that part more…

It will be clarified if and when such technology is released. Speculation is pointless because ultimately you are probably wrong; most of these 640+ replies is inaccurate rumours. Currently, the release of the new Hyperion client just does some internal trickery to mitigate against DLL injection and other exploit tactics (like memory manipulation).

I heard (I think) that Byfron is not allowing Virtual machines, and Byfron can crash VMs intentionally to prevent exploiters. Well the issue can be easily bypassed by restoring a snapshot if you had one saved before the Byfron update.

Thats a fake photo.

Also the name of the anti cheat is Hyperion not Byfron. Byrfon is the company that develops the Hyperion anti cheat.

ALT accounts should never be banned. There are many legitimate usages for alt accounts.
Also Roblox already detects alt accounts so it’d be very dumb to start banning players now when they were completely fine with them for quite some time.

Who cares, Roblox isn’t optimized for Apple Silicon, and now you blacklisted Linux users :skull:

They’re actually working on silicon and it will be out in the coming weeks.

I also hope that alts accounts are banned, I’m against alt account users and in my games it’s not allowed at all

And then exploit scripts and clients would just disable this feature?

I don’t you realise that exploits have absolute control over the client, solutions through the client will never work unless implemented internally.

Thats literally what I said in my message.

I’m sorry I read “Exploits” as anti-exploits my apologises

Looking forward to the anti-cheat being integrated with Roblox, though I am a bit skeptical due to false positives.

1 Like

I have an alt account that I lost access to. Will this get me removed?

I highly doubt they’ll just start banning every alt which users have. That would be the dumbest idea ever. What I think they mean with alt detection is that if your account does get banned for lets say 7 days that in those 7 days you also won’t be able to create a new account.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ll be banning every alt account because that would just make millions of accounts be banned (if not billions). After all having alt account can also be useful without breaking rules for example when testing games on different accounts. What I think they mean with banning alt accounts is that if your one of your accounts gets banned all of them (including your alts) will be banned for the same reason.

3 Likes

More like if you were banned for exploiting on an account, any attempts to made a new account would be blocked.

3 Likes

So… it’s been nearly half a year since I said this. I had to quit this platform because I physically can’t develop or play here, and I’m not creating a Windows dual boot or virtual machine specifically for Roblox
edit: in fact, I’ve heard that they apparently have KVM detection, so I would only be able to setup a dual boot

5 Likes

I’m part of a project named Roblox Filtering Disabled. Although it’s not complete, I’ve been able to launch a build of Studio from 2022 without interacting with Rōblox’s servers at all. I’ve been working on the Kubla Khan hotel for over three years and have recently migrated to full compatibility with that version of Studio. I use the modern place-publishing API to send my work over.

just a head up, anti-cheat != anti-tamper.

“Byfron has developed a state-of-the-art anti-cheat solution that is being utilized by some of the world’s largest game publishers.”

biggest joke i’ve seen.

1 Like

Technically the only wrong word there is “cheat”. It is being used by the world’s largest game publishers, but just Roblox game publishers.

It is state-of-the-art because it’s the only art Roblox has ever seen (from an anti-tamper perspective).

4 Likes

While I don’t think the new anti-cheat is necessarily a bad addition, I would certainly like to state my concerns related to it. Is it ever going to be compatible with OBS game capture and Roshade? These are two 3rd party programs that broke directly as a result of the update, and tech support has been… unpleasant when contacted about the issue, to say the least.

4 Likes