What are Free Model Viruses? What can they do?

You forgot to add about server sides.

If you didn’t know server sides are a GUI that gives you basically an ingame command bar that can do anything from the server.

2 Likes

Would it be better to open a new window of studio put free models in a empty baseplate and then run this in Studio’s Command Bar if you think the model is bit suspicious?

for i,v in pairs(workspace:GetDescendants()) do
 if v:IsA("Script") then -- you can also add v.Name ~= "SomeExcludedScript" to exclude script
  v:Destroy()
end
end
2 Likes

Viruses are mostly stealthy and the virus named “Vaccine” is something that tries to think you it prevents you from viruses but it doesn’t for some, they make and add snaps & duplicate any other welds.
Also this is not happening now at many times this happens possibly later, here are also skincolor viruses that are very unknown and makes messages on screenguis.

Good job! This would really help new developers.

1 Like

This gave me throwbacks of 10 yo me using A LOT of free models and then getting scared when I see ad pop-ups or worse yet… FIRE!!! I remember I’d freak out thinking I’m going to get a virus in my computer and my account hacked to the point where I even ended up closing down the place in question :man_facepalming:
This would have been very helpful back then! Thank you internet explore- I mean Monsieur CanadianCrepe

4 Likes

Yeah for some reason some YouTubers spread a rumor about how Free Model viruses were actually trojans, me not being experienced at developing at that time (and being gullible) believed that, but now I know better xD.

Anyway, I’m happy this helped you (or would’ve anyway)!

2 Likes

Very helpful information! But one myth I’ve been hearing about is that some viruses could get your account or game taken down because they could add disturbing stuff. Is that true?

2 Likes

Depends on what you’re talking about, if something were to happen and you publish your game publicly, then yeah it would be. But if you have a private game that only you can see, you can put whatever the heck you want in it as long as you’re not sharing it with others/publicly.

2 Likes

I love how Ro-Defender is a free plugin that protects you from free plugins XD

3 Likes

Thank you for this plugin, i should inform my friend about this because he puts free models and i found out it has a virus and my roblox studio got infected

Hi, didn’t make these plugins. Only sharing them and providing information about them, let me know if your friend got rid of the virus.

All of your games were infected definitely means you either put the same model which has a virus in the game or it’s because of a plugin. Uninstall or delete all plugins you don’t know of, and use these plugins. It’s a simple process and it can be really helpful. Good luck!

2 Likes

It’s better to use:

local Tbl = {}
for _, v in ipairs(game:GetObjects("rbxassetid://IDHERE")) do
table.insert(Tbl, v)
v.Parent = workspace
end
game:GetService("Selection"):Set(Tbl)

as it inserts all the assets and not only the first one.

If a plugin has more than one asset, then it’s generally safe to say it’s malicious. No plugin would have more than one asset parented to the plugin itself, it’s usually just a folder.

It’s possible for multiple instances to be contained in a plugin. Sometimes this is also the case.

Also many freemodels have multiple assets included.

Besides the correct behavior for inserting assets is to loop trough the get objects and insert them all.

I… know.

This isn’t talk about free models, rather plugins.

Saves more time to write one line than 6.

for _,v in ipairs(game:GetObjects("rbxassetid://IDHERE")do v.Parent=workspace end

Not much longer

It still applies to plugins, plugins are basically a freemodel which is inserted to the plugin directory and the scripts run.

Is it still possible for them to take your login cookie?

It was never possible though? And no, it is not.

That’s what I thought. I was just confused because there were so many myths about that.

U can see virusses just by seeing a Fire script or some weird script with some random characters like the questionmark (?) Or something else, just a random name.