What are good laptops for ROBLOX game development?

I usually use my high-end PC with a 3070TI for game development, but oftentimes I see myself on the move and need to do work from my laptop.

My laptop is a Macbook I got nearly a decade ago with the following specs:
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 11.53.30 AM

I have ~500GB of storage with it as well, with only about 300GB being available right now.

As you can tell, this is quite a dated setup, and I want to get something new. I am looking for a new laptop that won’t be more than $450-650, but has decent enough specs that it can comfortably run ROBLOX Studio and possibly games like Fortnite without overheating, making weird noises, etc. that my Macbook does when I do those things on it.

I would most likely be getting the laptop from BestBuy, PC Richards and Sons, Staples, or Microcenter, so please keep recommendations for laptops only from those places please

Roblox Studio is not recommended on newer laptops. My laptop dates back to the year 2011, with 32 GB of RAM and a 256 GB SSD, running at 2.4 GHz. No issues with Roblox Studio.

I think the problem lies around your game.

If you want a laptop to run Roblox at >60 FPS, acquire an Alienware Laptop. However, you will not be able to run studio without the following happening:

I recommend a desktop at the moment until these are fixed.

Roblox Studio is not recommended on newer laptops. My laptop dates back to the year 2011, with 32 GB of RAM and a 256 GB SSD, running at 2.4 GHz. No issues with Roblox Studio.
I think the problem lies around your game.

If you read my initial post that contained the specs of my Macbook, you would see that the specs aren’t anything special, especially the graphics. 32GB and an SSD on a laptop from 2011??? That is wild

If you want a laptop to run Roblox at >60 FPS, acquire an Alienware Laptop. However, you will not be able to run studio without the following happening:

Where in those posts do the authors mention they were on a laptop? The only post that had any mention of such a laptop was the first one you linked, and the people who reported issues with their laptops were not the original OP, and had laptops with similar specs to Alienware ones.

The newer GPU drivers do not run well with Roblox. I’m not sure if this is specific to laptops or not, but Roblox can only have one instance running on those laptops before it crashes. My friend owns one of these alienware laptops, and despite them having 16 GB of RAM, Roblox runs no more than one instance of studio before running out of RAM. Studio isn’t designed perfectly, so it’s expected to take up to 8 GB. However, when purchasing a laptop, make sure it supports at least 24 GB of ram. 16 is not suitable for multiple instances of Roblox.

Strange. I type this on my PC with a 3070TI and an i5 10400, very often I will run Fortnite while I have one or two games loaded up in Studio in the background. I also only have 16GB of RAM

In the crashing process, the laptop I specified in my post seems to run out of VRAM instead of RAM, though I’m not sure. The VRAM is 6 GB, and the laptop has a 4K monitor.

The PC I have has 16GB of VRAM. My Macbook has 1536 GB of VRAM.

I never had a “crash” on my Macbook, but I have gotten damn close and I can really hear, see, and feel (it heats up) when it struggles with Studio.

I’ve never seen that much. You can probably store every file you’ve ever used of all time in there. Impressive!

Anyways, a crash will basically kill explorer in Windows. The theme engine restarts, and while this happens, explorer begins to automatically restart and you see a tiny window in the corner of your black screen. Then, in a split second, everything is back to normal, except studio is nowhere to be seen now and is closed and all your file explorer windows are closed too.

oops, meant 1536MB, not GB. lol