What are some must knows things for scripting?

I stared scripting around 1.5 month ago and i watched bunch of tutorials on youtube but most of them doesnt cover everything inside ROBLOX but they cover Stuff inside LUA
and i wanna know what are some must know APIs,classes(idk if they are called classes or APIs) like raycasting,datastore,etc… like stuff for scripting inside roblox basically

1 Like

Learn about data stores for saving information, remote events/functions for communication, the Instance hierarchy for game structure, and logic/control flow tools. Explore key APIs like Players and UserInputService.

After you’re good with those, you can learn about advanced techniques like object-oriented programming with metatables, module creation for organized code, and optimization strategies for efficient scripts. Additionally, delve into services like TweenService for animations and MarketplaceService for in-game purchases.

4 Likes

Tables are A MUST honestly they are used too much in scripting,
Other than that i suggest learning about Raycasting, Its interesting and sometimes useful or useless.
Something that no one talks about is side-things like loadstring()() or even like HTTPSSERVICE, All of the time these aren’t needed but they are fun to learn : D.
API things are fun to learn like to check if a member is in a group its good for group rewards.

2 Likes

By the way what do you mean by “logic/control flow tools” can you explain a little bit?