What are these instances?

hello
im trying to make anti cheat for my game
i found Stats().InstanceCount which i found helpful since it detects when something is added in the core gui ( GetTotalMemoryUsageMb also works but when player changes graphics it might give a false positive)

i noticed that small actions like jumping or hitting esc walking and even moving the camera adds instances

here is an example of the jumping one
im scared it might give a false positive if used in my game

1 Like

according to doc

sometimes there happens some background stuff so those are the instances
also use the service

is there a way to find what are those instances?
like where are they located
workspace, coregui ,players etc

Nah im not sure. Your best case might be to look on game.DescendantAdded but its unreliable

1 Like

did you just… pull out solara on a video on the devforum…?

also your method of counting instances is insanely unreliable, please don’t go through with it.

whats wrong with it
you cant run it on roblox scripts

ok but what else should i do?

???
yeah
its
an exploit

NOT use a hacky method of detecting cheats? leave it to the oh-so-advance byfron

it doesnt harm none i did it in a private game too

already got bypassed dawg :sob:

still not allowed, I personally don’t care but there’s corporate bootlickers on this forum that will get you banned by all means

yeah, exactly, and developers aren’t exactly equipped to deal with exploit injection, but rather server-side exploit behaviour and player reports

Most of these are just things that roblox runs in the background, such as CoreScripts, UI, Events, Etc.
After a while, they are eventually garbage collected and removed from memory, which is assuming they have no references, or are completely dead.

The amount will vary depending on how much items you have in the game., for me the amount of items I have when looking at it is over 500K+, but thats likely due to me being in studio, as when in the client, its usually around 30K - 40K.

Not entirely sure as to why its a high number (though I know for certain that game contains roughly 5000 Instances in it), but it might be due to all the services doing something.

simply they are exploiters but they are acting like they are normal people who care much about the rules(when they are totally helping breaking it )

stuff that are running from the client arent as easy as securing a remote event :sob: