What are you working on currently? (2017)

Decided to implement Python into my game engine, rather than Lua (honestly because Its very much organized imo) and with these few lines
46ee528ba1e9874c52c51c482b803b0cb3b42fb4.png

I get a pretty okay 3D scene to move around in

(Sorry I post a bunch about this, but it’s always exciting :frowning: )

4 Likes

New thumbnail for my dev studio’s game Castle Defense. :octopus:

9 Likes

that knight has a minigun

6 Likes

:wink: hehehehehe

i made something like this but porting it to matrices was ugly and overly complex, would you be interested in trading code?

Sorry, tis for my dev studio only. :octopus: :wink:

1 Like

Webpage

Made a webpage for the conglomerate group that all my games are under for a college assignment. All the noobs were using Wix and the CS veterans were using HTML/CSS. This is my first HTML/CSS project so don’t roast it too hard

The name of the group is a joke on a roblox blog written in 2014 about After The Flash. The blog kept referring to “After The Flashstorm”, but the game’s actual name was "After The Flash: Sandstorm

Old game

I’m not actually working on this, it’s a project from Christmas of 2014. The code was so horrendous that I couldn’t progress with it, this was my first fully coded game. Here’s some gameplay

Camera movements & map
https://gyazo.com/edaae546feb58d9e99ea1735e542acab.gif

Moving units and building resource extractors
239ad8e606abe55c0e5a7a4bf66bbc4db9919bd8.gif

Building a city

What my code looked like in December 2014

5 Likes

Going to revisit an old project and see what I can turn it into

12 Likes

https://checkex.herokuapp.com/

I made a chrome extension analyzer.
It tells you whether or not the extension tries to steal your .ROBLOSECURITY cookie and tells you the method it uses if it is malicious. It won’t find everything ofc.

How:

1. Paste a chrome extension url like this: roblox+ by webgl3d
  2. Hit enter
  3. Read and stuff.

Gonna make a list of “already analyzed malicious extensions” too.

6 Likes

Finished an order!

“Griever”

8 Likes
test

Test

Summary

Test

Eat a Snickers.

1 Like

Custom humanoid system. It can move and jump aswell.

Will add pathfinding/proper walking soon. As well as a brain. :stuck_out_tongue:

And when it comes time to replicate, it will extrapolate (maybe, not 100% sure for now if it’s necessary) and the client will have the actual body (may or may not be a humanoid.)

8 Likes

There’s no secrets lol. It’s just cframing and rays.

Which reminds me, I should add horizontal collision today…

2 Likes

I knew it :3

1 Like

Awesome. Thats the best way… although I’m interested to see how you handle horizontal collisions, mine are ok but not perfect.

Out of curiosity, which Humanoid limitation(s) made you decide to make your own?

God i’d love to render this with my game engine, when its ready of course. Its such a scenic… scene.

@GuestCapone

I’m only doing basic collisions because this is for an AI/NPC system rather than for players.

If it was for players, I would probably allow the humanoid to “slide” on walls.

@EchoReaper because making ur own thing is funz.

Well, probably because I don’t want a r15 humanoid on the server as well as on the clients. Even though it’s probably not much of an issue…

Also, I feel that a custom humanoid system is more open to more possibilities, such as going through walls/players, not tripping randomly, etc.

4 Likes