What are you working on currently? (2017)

thats silky smooth

5 Likes

Made some rainbow revolvers

7 Likes

Testing some attachment nodes for a game I’m working on.

SCAR L

4 Likes

I’m not necessarily working on it currently but I wanted to show you guys a project I was working on awhile ago(about the same time R15 came out). I’m no sure if I’ll ever continue it, there are a couple bugs in the video(and my internet wasn’t being very fast). I only worked a couple weeks on it and then got sidetracked by the other projects.

It was a remake of the PS3 online game “Fat Princess”, one of my all time favorites and a nostalgic jewel.

edit: sorry if the video is grainy, I’m not sure what’s causing that(I’m using OBS)

7 Likes

got hermite, catmull-rom and now bezier splines inheriting from a common cspline class so I can screw around and do stuff like

CatmullRom(v2(0,0), v2(0,1), v2(1,1), v2(1,0)):GetLength()

which means constant-velocity spline paths

todo: natural splines

6 Likes

Approximation or exact formula? I tried integrating a “speed” equation for quadratic Bezier curves a while back, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it cause it was an integration of sqrt(ax^2 + bx + c). That type of formula can’t exactly be solved with trig substitution. I haven’t looked into how splines are done yet so I’m not sure how different the formula is, but I can imagine that it would look pretty similar.

it’s numerical; exact formulas don’t exist. GetLength just subdivides the curve with lines until it starts converging; the constant-velocity stuff uses runge-kutta to step x studs along the curve.

only real difference between quadratic vs cubic splines is the addition of a 3rd order term. there’s no way to parameterize either for constant velocity.

can share code if there’s any interest

I am interested.

here’s the constant velocity part. ‘t’ is the same t in s(t)=a+b*t+c*t^2+d*t^3, and ‘ds’ is the length you want to slide down the curve.
it outputs a new value of t.

local RK4_DIV = 32

function cspline:Transfer(t, ds)
    local c0,  c1,  c2  = self[2], self[3], self[4]
    local c0x, c0y, c0z =   c0[1],   c0[2],   c0[3]
    local c1x, c1y, c1z = 2*c1[1], 2*c1[2], 2*c1[3]
    local c2x, c2y, c2z = 3*c2[1], 3*c2[2], 3*c2[3]

ds = ds/RK4_DIV
    for _ = 1, RK4_DIV do
        local dx, dy, dz =
            c0x + t*(c1x + t*c2x),
            c0y + t*(c1y + t*c2y),
            c0z + t*(c1z + t*c2z)
        local k1 = ds/sqrt(dx*dx + dy*dy + dz*dz)
        local n = t + k1*0.5
        dx, dy, dz =
            c0x + n*(c1x + n*c2x),
            c0y + n*(c1y + n*c2y),
            c0z + n*(c1z + n*c2z)
        local k2 = ds/sqrt(dx*dx + dy*dy + dz*dz)
        n = t + k2*0.5
        dx, dy, dz =
            c0x + n*(c1x + n*c2x),
            c0y + n*(c1y + n*c2y),
            c0z + n*(c1z + n*c2z)
        local k3 = ds/sqrt(dx*dx + dy*dy + dz*dz)
        n = t + k3
        dx, dy, dz =
            c0x + n*(c1x + n*c2x),
            c0y + n*(c1y + n*c2y),
            c0z + n*(c1z + n*c2z)
        t = t + (k1 + 2*(k2 + k3) + ds/sqrt(dx*dx + dy*dy + dz*dz))/6
    end
    return t
end

self[2-4] come from the code in my first post. they’re the first, second, and third-order coefficients of the spline. positions on the spline are evaluated in horner form as self[1] + t*(self[2] + t*(self[3] + t*self[4])))
self[1-4] are arrays containing x, y, and z components.

I’ll edit this post with a less mangled explanation when I wake up, it’s 5 in the morning haha

5 Likes

Learning Blender and wanted to redo my Star Destroyer’s Shield Generator Dome.
Turned out easy to do :smiley:

3 Likes

No matter what meshes will always be superior to CSG lol.

If anyone wants to check out the first map 4 mai game.
f3ec967f1944356c35f84e1c57a26d9c4a802c91.png

5 Likes

You should tinker a bit with your lighting or add some light sources, these screenshots are pretty dark

I’m trying to get a Winder Waker look but it’s quite difficult with little to no idea how to use Color Correction or lighting lol.

Cool, I did play quite a lot of Fat Princess back in the day too.

Ahem

More non-roblox yet still kinda relevant stuff from me. I’ve been using a lot of the skills I’ve been learning from my lectures in our Roblox games, so I deem it as relevant haha

3D modelling assignment, futuristic utopia environment.

12 Likes

You should probably be expecting a call from ILM soon.

3 Likes

sorry about the excess memes… i’m just about finished with this semester of college, so i’ve not had time to work on things.

i released a tankery map asset pack for people in my group to try and make maps with. and the feedback has been wonderful so far… now to make a map rotation system :T

4 Likes

Got bored and made another scenery

10 Likes

it’s got aesthetics!

1 Like

Another fantastic user creation!

1 Like