What are you working on currently? (2017)

Starting… another… project…
send help

I’ve had two people PM me “help”
My faith in humanity is restored

7 Likes

More PS stuff
I made a new cloud brush.

3 Likes

Welcome to Tatooine?

7 Likes

Too red to be Tatooine
Maybe Aeten II

2 Likes

Some visual effect changes:

• Note hit particle used the default particle emitter texture
    • Made a new one to replace it that fit the game better
  • Slide notes are now more visible than in my previous SurfaceGui test video
  • Here, they weren’t finalized
This is what the final Slide note marker looks like

As well as some cleaned up audio:

• Menu Theme (main menu progressive theme) was replaced
  • Door close/open was replaced
  • Opening theme was replaced
  • Cursor movement sound was replaced with the proper sound
  • Option selection sound was replaced
8 Likes

Nothing gets me more excited than a volblox update :smiley:

1 Like

City game coming soon.

[details=More pics]

[/details]

15 Likes

NOT ENOUGH NEON. NEEDS MORE NEON!

Awesome, I think I like what I see.

I’m experimenting with roblox physics and made a horde of zombies. These work pretty well as long as the ground is perfectly flat, but if there’s so much as a 0.05 height difference or 1 degree in incline then these zombies will act as if they had hit a wall. :confused:

btw this is just using BodyGyros and BodyVelocities. And as a bonus, I did not program them to bounce around and move about during their swarming, they do that on their own and its kinda cool.

1 Like

try either welding a sphere to the bottom, or making them into spheres. should fix those issues

new render

25 Likes

It’s definitely clear you put a lot of time and effort into this :slight_smile:

Throwing a map together for my game. It’s obviously incomplete (hence the lack of trees on left and back sides) but the map now has a really cool atmosphere.

Not a big update. I’m gonna see if I can get the game done before the end of the month, however, so I’ll be posting a number of updates here!

2 Likes

More tractor-trailer cabs for Ultimate Driving!

11 Likes

Well I’ve been spending my sweet time continuing work on my game engine, and I finally decided on a name (i think once and for all)

Among other things, I’ve been working on Bitmap Fonts as of 3 days ago, and I’m at a comfy point right now with the UI library. Soon it will be comprehensive enough to show you all (thinking this or next week) :slight_smile:
until then just a logo

3 Likes

That depth blur make it look exactly like a toy in a garden :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Working on a Deathrun map:

Can you feel the intense heat of the foundry?

8 Likes

Nice, just needs a little something more like tongues of fire, a bit of smoke/steam, and/or some sparks or something like that.

If I could add a shimmer I would.

1 Like

I think you could use water for that possibly. Would however though add some particles to the air for some dust or something… its lacking air pollution.

As for myself… After weeks (last year) of not understanding how to code a finite state machine and quitting on the idea of coding one for a few months (I believe since March of last year?) I decided to spend 5 hours today writing a finite state machine. I have written around 3,000 lines of code during those 5 long hours of testing, I finally got a working FSM that is simple but functional and is only 105 lines long (for the FSM part, not including lines for states)

Update:

Added a working humanoid FSM to my AIs !

1 Like