What are you working on currently? (2017)

new phone, who dis?

1 Like

1ada6da270db50cc327b025ab7216285457f1021.jpg

12 Likes

u know ur a terrible map designer if u need to unnecessarily rebuild ur map for the 4th time because u feel like ur last map wasnt good enough

8 Likes

I understand your pain sir.

1 Like

thank u sir

np sur

1 Like

Just gotta polish it some (I mean, a lot) more and make sure it’s actually checking for whether or not you’re on the laser, and it’ll be good enough to ship!

EDIT: New video; fixed rendering slams (the slides after it kept going way off to the side, and appearing at the start of the track and not moving due to the way I hold assets in the track before the song starts), and added a new camera tilt effect that only happens with these lasers. (I know I called them Smooth Slides and am being inconsistent, but the common term for these in Sound Voltex is lasers, so I call 'em that internally anyway)

7 Likes

Map for a new game my dev studio is working on :octopus:

More pics:

Summary

6 Likes

WIP nighttime version of the post apocalypse skyscraper:

9 Likes

I just made my first Chrome extension. It estimates the amount of USD earned by any given purchasable asset on Roblox, including paid access games. It’s source code is also available on my github, which is linked as the “Website” for the extension.

It doesn’t seem to work for me! Just displays “$0.00” Does it normally take a certain amount of time to load it?

EDIT: Works on assets themselves, but doesn’t seem to want to work on places

That’s just a small bug. It shouldn’t show at all for free to play places. I already have the fix on GitHub. I’ll update the extension in the morning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I thought for free games it would display all the gamepasses and other products sold and add them all up :stuck_out_tongue:

I could add up the gamepasses, but I feel like that inconsistency with paid access games isn’t a good idea, and there is no public API for developer products.

1 Like

Needs some fixes done to it, but I’m sure this could make a neat aspect to a game.

2 Likes

I would like to know the reason behind the red particles (blood) for flying…

Oh, haha. It’s based off an actual game named [ Prototype ].

Actual gameplay - contains blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hol_mtV5qyc

Spending my internship time wisely

18 Likes

What have you done…

1 Like

I’m not expecting anything to come of it (as I basically abandoned it a long time ago, and lack the skills anyway), but I still find it fun to conceptualize a different aesthetic for a zero g racer now and again:

It’s not plausible to make this work as I want it to from a gameplay standpoint, but that doesn’t deter my motivation to build it anyway.

p.s. Yes, I’m aware of the union error

17 Likes