What are you working on currently? (2017)

Currently trying to fix studio because it seems the physics engine had a little too much to drink last night :upside_down:

AKA Physics don’t work on my studio at all other than my character…

2 Likes

Finishing up modeling a First Order F-11D for my diva.

Made it lowpoly which hurts, because details are life, and textures never get ALL the details. (cant wait for bump maps :sob:)

Lowpoly:

Highpoly:

21 Likes

Just finished it, and wow, would you believe me if I said its under 5k triangles? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Throw on some edge split modifiers to correct some of the bad smooth shading.

1 Like

bu-but it does… Which areas are you talking about?

I’ve decided it’s time to try building a game for mobile. It will be playable on PC and possibly console.

More progress:

8 Likes

The sky’s the limit in Super ROBLOX 64 Adventure!

Before:

After:

30 Likes

http://puu.sh/t87j8/6b9cb994c3.mp4

Don’t ask. Not sure myself. (Still in works, more later.)

12 Likes

#hype

I, myself, am mostly working on inconsequential things like GUIs and some plugins. Hopefully I’ll actually get some work done this year. :blush:

1 Like

:wink:

I’m learning about procedurally generated dungeons, and I’m watching some documentaries about lighting, color schemes and composing in cinema as well as the occasional Blender tutorial on lighting or composing. I’ve decided ill go ahead and spend time in Blender’s cinema field for creating trailers for Inner Animal as well as thumbnails for it as well.

1 Like

I’ve wanted to do stuff like this… simply because it’s easier to make something generated, than to try and make 100s of levels…

1 Like

Ultimate Boxing Checklist:
Controllers: Check
Mobile: Check
Controllers AND Mobile: … Check

2 Likes

Oh hey, I recognize that level from Roblox Battle. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s the song that plays now. xD

@EndorsedModel I used your style to make a nightstand. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I added Bloxburg as a “flooded” map. Would have added more but maps like Ravens Rock and Crossroads ended up being close to a single close-to-convex shape like The Ring is already.

How did you post that video?

1 Like

Attempting to UI (gif)

9 Likes

Still working on the game UI and making it a bit function for the FPS,
I’m sure you know what will happen at this portion ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://youtu.be/jAfmMMPaYhE

EDIT: Video kind of makes it look latent, but it is not.

4 Likes

Backstory:
I have always wanted to try make a proper sniper game on roblox with proper ghillie suits and such. Up until now this may have been hard because of part count and such but since we have meshes now I have been experimenting with a generator that can take a simple smooth terrain map and make it look awesome. I’ve also teamed up with someone to help with scripting the weapons and I’ll post more once it’s further in development.

Cool Stuff:
Before and after pics of what my generator can do to a scene. (It also has LoD :smiley:)

20 Likes