What are you working on currently? (2017)

1 Like

A fish, horse and human woman?

Just fish women, specifically shark.

prince sidon simulator

1 Like

One more hair left .left females .3.

4 Likes

Those are gonna look great until they turn their heads and the meshes clip into their shoulders.

5 Likes

Yeah :frowning:

Working on making a minimap picture generator similar to what @badcc did recently and what @prisman was working on the other day.

Original map

High quality and larger

Low quality and smaller

Sample Map 1

It utilizes raycasts to get the color of each individual pixel. The high quality picture is at a scale of 4 pixels per stud and took about an hour to generate. Low quality took about 2 minutes and is at a scale of 1:1. I’m still working on optimizing it so that it doesn’t take this long. It saves all of the pixel data as a very long string which I then paste into a C++ file which creates a .ppm file which is the completed minimap. I might open source if I get it to a point where it’s optimized and dynamic enough that it’s easy to use.

I also still need to try to have shadows decrease in intensity the further from the source each pixel is. I tried this yesterday but it didn’t quite work. Also I don’t know why converting it to ppm format cuts off the right side. Also I need to take terrain corner cells into account rather than just assuming they’re all square.

2 Likes

Why not just paste it into a bunch of frames, take a screenshot of said product, then crop? Might be more work now that you have an exporter, but it’s what I was planning on doing.

I originally had it doing that but after it generates around 50k frames it starts to really lag even if the frames aren’t visible. The 4:1 scale image would’ve taken 6-8 hours to finish if I had to guess.

You can do some very simple math to combine frames that occupy the same pixel. I was planning on doing something like a 512x512 render with a 1024x1024 input where groups of 4 pixels are averaged together to ‘super sample’ the image.

I already beat ya on that I moved the hairs further up away from the back and shoulders :stuck_out_tongue:

Minimap Generator pt. 3

Shaders implemented (so far):

• Ambient
  • Diffuse
  • Specular
  • Heightmap/topography
  • Shadows (tanh attenuation)

I made up the last two. I feel like it works well for minimaps. Zoom in and look at how pretty the shadows are!

Jailbreak @ 4096x4096

Here’s a render of the new Apocalypse Rising 2 map! This one is especially beautiful. Just like the Jailbreak map, it only uses topography and shadows. However, the topography shader is modified to clamp values so you get nice rings!

Apoc 2 @ 4096x4096

Zoom in and look at how pretty it is :smiley: Probably my favorite so far.

18 Likes

gibbe pls… (I wish)

Those look amazing!

1 Like

Heightmaps heightmaps heightmaps!

1 Like

And yes that is a custom uzi model, I wanted it to have a blade but not the usual bayonet kind of blade. Also in case anyone is wondering, the gun which has an magazine, chamber and bolt, is 2,403 polygons, while the character is currently 8,136 polygons. And yes I went the extra mile with the magazine detailing…

3 Likes

Tomb raider shark edition?

I just wanna know how you’re doing so many raycasts so quickly without it lagging to absolute crap. :cold_sweat:

Invisible explosions? idk lol

Ocean Raider. :wink:

…kind of? I mean the outfit I’m modeling is kind-of based off lara croft (funny because I’ve never seen any of the movies or played any games)… But with more pockets for magazines… and a windows 98 vapewave tank top, camo shorts (or pants? i dunno yet, wont be short shorts tho, sorry guys.).

:man_shrugging:

I’m not making a blocky roblox game anymore sooooooo creative freeeeeedoms with character designs!