What are you working on currently? (2017)

WARNING: meme

huh, new guns…

turns out it’s like… a solid day of work. the hardest part was getting the rigs to work in blender right.

4 Likes

I made my first decent logo. Rendered any renderables myself, etc…

9 Likes

Switching engine w/ some box cars.

7 Likes

Does your character have anorexia?

In all seriousness, the arms are a bit thin imo. Should be bigger, beefy arms!

Made a game that demonstrates some of the weird Roblox water bugs.

Featuring:

• Not being able to jump while submerged unless you’re seated.
  • Standing at the edge of a water block not counting as being submerged.
  • Climbing underwater.
  • Difficulties in getting off of ladders underwater.
  • Colliding with terrain as if it were a primitive part and get rocketed away by having collisions resolved at a distance of 200+ studs.
  • RunningNoPhysics being unable to transition to anything on buoyancy updates if swimming is disabled.

The game is 100% beatable and the only code that modifies the character just turns on/off being able to swim and being able to float in water.

If anyone knows of any other weird water behavior let me know and I’ll update the game to include it.

3 Likes

Is water meant to give you a huge velocity if you reach the top? It makes the 4th and 5th obstacles insanely difficult and I think subverts the point of the 5th obstacle.

Yes, that is vanilla Roblox water behavior. You collide with terrain as if it were a regular part while in Freefall and the force it applies to you to resolve the collision is something like (terrain.Position - character.Position). Since your character is at position 200,20,200 or something and terrain is always at position 0,0,0 it rockets you out at a laughable speed. The point of those obstacles is to not trigger buoyancy and rise to the top.

Edit: “Is water meant to…” actually it’s not “meant” to, but it’s how it works right now. Definitely a bug with how Roblox handles this collision.

I rendered some more Bloxikins for a project and it’s marketing material… they’re adorable!

custom bloxikins with the nice curves etc soon :wink:

13 Likes

I get a lot of complaints about people not being able to swim upwards, resulting in drowning in my case.

Edit: What the…

1 Like

I modeled the arms after my own arms. however the bone structure is based off the blender addon “rigify”

pic

and the scale of the guns is probably a little big

1 Like

I’m still doing a drawing thingy. Taking a long while.

8 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @jjwood1600!!! :balloon: :birthday: :balloon:

Let’s all spend a moment of our time to appreciate all the amazing work jjwood has done. Keep it up, my friend!

P.S. Lets all support jjwood (and his team) by buying access for his game GameDevLife (and maybe some gamepasses :stuck_out_tongue:) Gonna buy it as soon as I can afford it.

3 Likes

Thank you!! Appreciate it :smiley:

1 Like

well, it’s nice to see you wishing him a happy birthday… (happy birthday, btw)

but is this thread the thread to do so?
perhaps it’d best if this were posted in lounge.

4 Likes

Drawing thingy update.

5 Likes

I’ve been doing polys recently.

more polys

I had one of @DurstAuric but I’ve seemed to have misplaced it

8 Likes

Working on some more fictional lowpoly guns:

8 Likes

Bullpup section is just overfilling with guns

~where’s your pistols~

Red is for still working on, green for completed.

2 Likes
warning:meme

that’s a lot of guns, must be an American game :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes