What are you working on currently? (2017)

Working on a new map for MeepCity Racing!

12 Likes

its too late ive seen what youve done

1 Like

HUSH I’m gonna make a better gif first

There.

EDIT: Bonus
https://i.imgur.com/XCRKXN6.gif

24 Likes

Great, all you need is a character that compliments the particles now!

1 Like

Its the font :stuck_out_tongue: Kenvector lol

super cute, just make the character fit like @darkhero149 said. something cartoony…

Edit: Maybe like one of those characters with heads 5x their original size

I love your fog…I love it love it love it. Must have taken a lot of tough algorithms
Now…unto another important subject. How do I get it! It has some similiarity with roblox studio, but has a completely different feel…what coding language does it use (plz c# plz o plz o plz…). What do you plan to do with it?

The engine is written in C# and uses Lua for scripts. I plan to use it to make standalone games to publish on Steam. When it gets to a more stable stage I’ll probably release it as open source.

3 Likes

Do you post updates on twitter that I can keep up to date with?

I think I have a twitter account but I’ve never used it. I’ll eventually look into creating a blog or something for tracking progress.

1 Like

What do you use for UI ? Definitely isnt QT or WPF.
How about Lua?

It actually is WPF, but with a heavily modified theme. The window uses MetroWindow with modified resources styled to look more like a UWP app.

4 Likes

Rolling under stuff :metal:
And was that a mesh fence at the start that looks oddly climbable?

1 Like

Screen-space decal projection.

6 Likes

My friendly reminder is to read through this

Thanks, I have read through it before but lot of the claims are quite general and can apply to all game engines/editors. The only features in the patent that are specific to ROBLOX are the automatic joint system (the studs/weld/glue surfaces) and the web service. I’m not going to be using either of those.

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile:

Great job so far on your engine & studio, looking great !

He shouldn’t worry about the patent unless he plans to release it for people to use. Otherwise, he is free to make whatever he wants if it’s for personal use.

I actually like the direction he’s taking. He’s basically taking Roblox but adding in features that it should have.

2 Likes

R15 please :wink:

+1

Simon Stalenhag’s visuals are truly unique and hauntingly compelling. I’d love to see more of it here, I’d love to see more recognition for him in general.

2 Likes