What are you working on currently? (2017)

Some constructive criticism

• You have Depth of Field on the characters, but the background appears to be pretty in-focus, which looks weird and is physically inaccurate, as the character is out of focus, anything behind him is going to be either the same, or even more-so out of focus.

• The sparks all have the same amount of blur, it kinda makes it look flat because there’s no depth to it. Maybe you could try having some blured and just a few in the foreground that are sharper.

• Try take a look at photography lighting articles online, it will show you how scenes should be lit to make them look more appealing. Having one bright light pointing directly at your subject isn’t the way to go, it just makes it look flat. There’s a popular technique called 3-point lighting where you have a Fill/Key/Rim light and you can have tons of different combinations at that, but the idea is the same.

• This one isn’t totally necessary, but it would make it look better all the same - add more geometry to your models (bevels, smooth, etc) this will give your edges some nice specular highlights and such and will make it “pop” a lot more as well as looking more detailed. It’s extra work sure, but it makes your end result better.

4 Likes

That right hand just doesn’t look right at that angle.

So much this. I got that tip while watching an Andrew Price video and never stopped beveling things ever since.

1 Like

That looks a lot like Before the Dawn

4 Likes

14 Likes

I am really interested in what you used to make the images in roblox

2 Likes

Following an awesome tutorial and made a tree with it

unfortunately doesn’t look so good when imported to Roblox

9 Likes

Working on setting up a Discord for Last Man Standing. I also made a feedback and errors channel and got error logging to work in just a few minutes which is surprising considering I’ve never used HttpService.

blob.png
(this is just a sample error)

Speaking of LMS, our planned release for the end of January will probably be a large-scale demo that we’ll have open for a few days just to clean up any last minute mistakes as I’ve done a lot since the last demo and still have a lot of work left to do before release. Full release may be the beginning of February with many big updates scattered throughout the spring.

3 Likes

9fbb6bae774d4e4683c3feb8abe5122e.png

teh huan tru Gad DAVE

Added the McLaren 12C Spider in addition to the CanAm edition from earlier, that rear end was an absolute pain to union but it ended up turning out pretty nicely.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

are you using triangles to make the curvatures of the car?

Nope. The front and rear is done mostly using unions, while everything else is just normal parts.

1 Like
For some reason, the way you positioned the cars makes me think of this... ![|690x387](upload://6NJERyNkAEX3j2QyoU79a2WobMz.jpeg) (From Mythbusters of course)
3 Likes

Another project I started, my first ever showcase. This is no where near complete or detailed, simply working on layouts. You can probably guess what I’m basing it from.

7 Likes

Metro Last Light?

#And so it begins…
-insert dramatic invasion preperation music here-
blob.png
blob.png
blob.png

But in all seriousness, got unlazy and started to work on my level editor plugin.

fwiw, use this to make intellisense shut up about plugin being undefined

plugin = plugin
local plugin = plugin

Nothing special, just the made this circle transition for when your character dies and respawns
(gif)

8 Likes

That’s all, folks!

3 Likes

Heres a sneak peek of a game I’m working on, hope you like it !

4 Likes