What are you working on currently? (2017)

I model everything in Zbrush although I know it’s unorthodox. I hated blenders controls and feel

This is why you should use Cinema 4D or 3DS Max… Come over to the dark side :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah the controls are very confusing and Ive heard that pretty much every other program is better than blender, but blender’s free thats why I use it

ZBrush has been very nice, I think I’m staying with that for awhile. It feels much more organic and intuitive(once you get past the weird interface).

It’s a good competition program for all sorts of 3D modeling now with new modeling specific-features. You can create all sorts of bodies and manipulate vertices,edges, etc as you could with other programs, but then you can jump in and immediately use their absolutely insane sculpting features in one fell swoop(industry standard).

It also has a built in renderer but it’s not as good as an external program of course

Oh and ZBrush has a lot of really good automated topology features and mesh decimation, so you can convert high poly meshes to low poly and preserve quite a bit of detail.

1 Like

renderin’

11 Likes

GASP industry standard!?
What am I, some kind of… person who has money?

Because I’m not. My devex has been pending 3 weeks now :T

Yarr matey

1 Like

malls are fun :+1: would you play a game set in this environment?

19 Likes

Seems miami-ish. Why isn’t there a mask shop?

If you have coconut mall music in it I will freak.

1 Like

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. ~Albert Einstein

14 Likes

I made an entirely new place for testing 4-key gameplay for Sound Volblox

This is currently the hardest song and chart we have, charted by Siromaru using my newly-made charting plugin:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the chart was almost too large to export.

I export charts by having each measure be an array of beats, and each beat be an array of integers, such that each beat = {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0}, and each measure is 48 of those.

There are 93 measures in this chart, and since the plugin exports the chart directly into the source of a ModuleScript, it literally hit the maximum size for a single string at 89 measures.

I’m currently working on a solution to this by changing how the game’s chart data is saved, such that one beat is turned from an array (e.g. {2, 1, 1, 3, 1, -1}) into a series of 5 hexadecimal numbers ({2, 1, 1, 3, 1, -1} = 2184A).

13 Likes

@GuestCapone that’s a good idea, thanks

@Younite I can fit it in, the plan is to have different audio for each themed shop/area

3 Likes

:smiley: thank you! You should have an echo-styled effect for the audio. I can make that for you if you wish.

I’ve finally finished it. :sweat_smile:

21 Likes

Already ahead of you, thanks for the offer though :+1:

1 Like

mfw

6 Likes

This place is vaporwave as heck

5 Likes

Also, where can I see it? o: