What are you working on currently? (2017)

#Rewind.

Yeah, I have no words for this (oh, and the button is not a mesh).

9 Likes

I don’t think anyone has really taken the time to truly appreciate the memes and dank in the photo presented
takes time
ahh…

1 Like

TIL I finally learned what bloom’s threshold is and that setting it low can produce some strange and blurry but almost cinematic looking effects

https://i.gyazo.com/29dcb39dee8c379f3aaacdb5c5781874.jpg

10 Likes

Working on a dream sequence for my game, I’ve always been inspired by psychological narrative anomalies like Silent Hill and Alan Wake, to name a couple.

I am so happy Roblox released lighting shaders, and I found out recently that you can use bloom to create an exaggerated light from the skybox.
(oh , and pro tip - don’t trust the studio sliders, sometimes values threshold cough are clamped higher or lower than the slider shows! :wink:)

You can combine this with color correction to create a stark contrast from a backdrop or scene to the sky.
This was pretty neat for me since it fits what I’m trying to do and makes for a pretty neat dreamy yet eerie atmosphere. The sky was so dull before, but now everything seems to play a tiny but substantial roll.

26 Likes

Looks awesome! I like that misty/foggy effect.

2 Likes

I’ve finally created my first ever mesh using Blender :smiley:

29 Likes

don’t think I’ve posted any Tales from the Valley here yet

here’s a dump for you guys~

spells!

a spawn menu:

cool towns:

puzzles:

a shop generator:

and spooky powers : O

and a lot more i couldn’t be bothered to screenshot~

21 Likes

19 Likes

Magic!

20 Likes

Finally doing some work on multiplayer for Sound Volblox.

Here’s a mockup in Studio…featuring the names of my old alt and main accounts (Akrus96 is my old main from 2008).

Also, something based on Space Invaders Infinity Gene:

10 Likes

working on some custom character meshes.

@roblox pls, hire me

23 Likes

please give it more than 3 fingers and a thumb :grimacing:

1 Like

Small hint on what the next Ultimate Boxing update will be focused on:
blob.jpg

2 Likes

Here are some fairly high-rez pics of something I’m experimenting with. Kinda like PF camos, you can change the background brickcolor. The exception here is that you can only do this on these monochrome-type camos and you can’t change the material. Also there’s an option to make the pattern white or black, which let’s you make a lot more use out of your camo I suppose.

10 Likes

Did you happen to play with File->Settings->Physics->Throttling?

If it’s set to Always it will stop everything from moving but your character.

2 Likes

I fixed it by removing everything roblox and reinstalling. My character was able to walk around fine, all the other parts in the game were frozen.

1 Like

Oops, I said the opposite thing. Yeah that happens if you turn throttling on in the settings to “Always”.

1 Like

I probably did that when I was messing around with the settings trying to make the game run faster :sweat_smile: woops.

1 Like

The spelling casting, omg.

But it looks more for touch screen/gamepad than computer, unless you do directional buttons or something.

1 Like

Looks cool though I feel like the studs clash with the rest of the style though it might just be me.

3 Likes