What are you working on currently? (2017)

Just want to tell you that I really enjoy the style of your things, they feel indie and handmade but in a professional sort of way, if that makes sense

3 Likes

I discovered Stravant’s Gap-fill plugin and I made a freeway.

Also, I changed up the lighting a bit. Not sure how I feel about the change. I want something bright but also at sunset.

treeeeeee.png

Tree#1

15 Likes

trees .3.trees.png

15 Likes

Is that the Luchs?

1 Like

Some 7.62x51 Rifles

2 Likes

Oh man, I’ve been listening to a lot of Monstercat stuff too…

1 Like

Personal suggestion: The album mixes are a great way to get a lot of various artists and genres. I have found a lot of great artists that way. If you need a place to start, you may want to look at the Best of 2014 (1 hour, 50 minutes) or Best of 2015 (2 hours, 32 minutes) mixes.

yep

be careful with using that plugin, it can cause you to get your measurements flubbed up if you don’t keep track of it
at least that has been my experience with it

Working on getting my computer up to standards. In 2016 I built a computer specifically made to run Roblox at top gear (GTX 960, 8GB RAM, i5-6500).

But with my recent purchase of an HTC Vive for Roblox development and play, I’m upgrading that build with a GTX 1070-FTW and 8 more GB of RAM.

Obligatory attention-grabbing image

I am working on my first game outside of ROBLOX. I am using Unity 5 and C#. It is for a project at my school (we got to pick anything we wanted, so I chose to make a game with dynamic music, no music yet though!)

Here is what I managed to put together today (I made all the meshes in Blender, the player model is only a placeholder and the map isn’t done)

1 Like

Are you kidding? This is the protagonist the world wants and needs. Go where no dev has gone before. You’re going to make millions with this.

2 Likes

That’s right, it has realistic aircraft physics!
Yes, and you can build your own plane out of blocks!
And if that wasn’t enough, it now has fly-by-wire mouse controls!

5 Likes

What does fly-by-wire do/mean in your game?

IRL it means instead of you controlling the plane directly, the computer takes the inputs and the planes heading/roll and figures out what you want the plane to do. Since the control surfaces are actually simulated, it’s pretty much the same thing here.
Tl;dr Not horrible plane controls :wink:

Edit: Think WarThunder mouse controls.

1 Like

You may have replied to me by accident :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Made a quick “Optimal Kill” calculator (fastest possible kill, with greatest possible bodyshots leniency) as a function of range.

Example with some weps:

Numbers incoming

Nice choice, the 1070 is a great card. 16gb RAM is probably best for VR.

1 Like

As someone who has a GTX 1070 in their laptop, I can confirm the GTX 1070 (at least at 1750-1800 MHz) is awesome. :wink:
For Roblox, the GTX 980M was more than playable at using an Oculus Rift at RDC, so you should expect a great experience with the GTX 1070. Can’t exactly confirm if an HTC Vive with that GPU is great or not because I don’t have one. (@ChadTheCreator)

4 Likes