What are you working on currently? (2017)

9 Slice UI stufflybobs for secret project

(Sorry for my twitter followers, I post the stuff I like on both medias :p)

11 Likes

A tree

4 Likes

Where do you find your textures or do you make them yourself?

I found the bare branch online then I just slapped a bunch of needles on it.
http://www.textures.com/download/leaves0142/84590?q=pine

1 Like

Does it have Z fighting since its transparent?

yeah but its hardly noticeable

new map for tankery is all done

a big ol’ grid of boxes… just how everyone likes

4 Likes

More roads and terrain stuff

11 Likes

Day 4 of top “”"“secret”""" side project. Showcasing the new physically simulated models. Up until day the end of day 3 everything was just a clump of anchored parts. Now I’ve got an efficient collision system (1 block per part, ex: only 1 collidable regular part takes care of all collisions for the new Jet part).

Pretty excited because this is one of the 3 big hurdles I anticipated I’d have in this game. Tomorrow I begin to work on the controls…

http://i.imgur.com/s1ZkCXc.gif

which looks a little like this! Finally figured out a nice way to cleanly showcase inputs/outputs yet still keep all of the functionality (non-keyboard inputs like Engine Torque → Wheel Axle will be handled with their own little GUI)

Also I worked on some new parts :smiley:

Jet thingy It’s modeled after those turbine things that airplanes have. Point it in whatever direction you want to move in and power it go in that direction. Somewhere down the road I want prettier particles for the turbine thingy but for now it fits the semi-cartoony style I’ve been going for.

Spring Pretty obvious function. Going to use it to provide suspension to the car. I really wanted to add it in on the GIF I showed today so that you can see that the car really is unanchored (physically simulated) because you’d see it bounce a bit as i hits the ground. Sadly springs are going to requite a bit of work to place and use hitboxes correctly.

Fixed some bugs, added some minor features, unioned some things together to cut down on part count temporarily until I replace it all with meshes. Pretty happy with how things are turning out so far :smiley:

6 Likes

15 Likes

Finally upgrading my computer its lit

update: GLOOOOW

2 Likes

Is this your room or an office

It’s a study room down the hall from my apartment

update: testing out VR now, it’s incredibly smooth

1 Like

Nice dude
I’m 19 and still living with my parents how sad is that :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s sad at all.
You need to make sure you’re ready to go, age doesn’t matter :slight_smile:

I’m probably going to live at my parent’s until I’m about 24. This is mostly because I lack money, and I’m not really independent because I had special education for more than 8 years. In special education almost everything’s being done for you, whilst in reality you may want to be taught to be independent. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

wow. so neat. c00l.

Secret project is secret

25 Likes

Very impressive!

1 Like

Relevant:

By the way, how did you get around the issue of having two holes in a cylinder?

2 Likes

is that all bots? the lines are too neat to be actual roblox players.

Correct, all bots. It actually uses your friends and friends-of-friends to generate them!

And I’ll vary the lines a bit to make it less orderly and more realistic

2 Likes