What are you working on currently? (2017)

That… bug went unnoticed, and I went to bed… it was in the game overnight…
Users have dubbed it the “amx-pocolypes” because everyone’s first choice was to buy the AMX 13 90… a top tier premium…

1 Like

Ouch. I can relate to bugs like that. One time I had a bug that had players get 5k gems every time they died, and it was in game overnight. I basically gave away 10k robux for free, although I doubt most of them would have paid for it anyways.

1 Like

That looks great! Is it bad I started laughing when I saw the spiderman character with a turtle?..

2 Likes

19 Likes

not at all
I used my friends avatars and we rolled dice to decide who I was gonna kill

1 Like

Current vs new :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Yeah,
but what’s odd is, yesterday was the second highest earning day in the past month…

EDIT:
added ammo counting to tankery, so no more guessing how many shells you have left.
https://i.gyazo.com/77d8d3bed5f8216844c7e2f159c4beda.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/a1eba6542a2f5d94b7e64fdc15ab779f.mp4

5 Likes

Low-key jealous that you’ve got decent monetization down in your game already. Kinetic Code is nearing 1 year of dev and I still don’t have crates atm.

We sell like 6 specific camos and it earns a bit (we’ve sold the 7k R$ camo many times now hehe) but it’s not as steady as something like crates would be.

hm,
how do you have it set up? are they buying the skins for robux? or an in-game currency?

There’s nothing atm besides a simple camo system. There’s like 6+ camos that you can buy for each specific gun, or for all guns for 7x the price.

It brings in enough that I can pay people for stuff but not enough that everyone on the team gets to devex every month, which is what I hope will be possible with the crates update this March 17, when the update is planned to release.

I literally just set a release date for this a couple of days ago so I would stop procrastinating lol.

As for how I’m doing currency and stuff: You buy currency with robux, then spend currency on crates and whatever other stuff I think of.

Ah, i see.

well in Tankery i have Credits and Gold.
Gold can be earned VERY slowly (1 gold per kill, 5 for winning a round)
and what you spend on gold isn’t “something that looks cool” it’s more… exclusive, since the only way to buy premiums tanks is with gold.
plus, i can do other things with gold, because it helps separate the spending in game with you real money, which apparently helps with monetization.

you can see an increase in average robux per visits in September 2016, the month i added gold.

Nice. For me it’s not so much the ‘how’ as it is the ‘god damnit scripton stop re-creating the menu GUI for the 3rd time and just release something already’.

1 Like

Well, like your credit buying screen you showed off a few days ago, but with a premium currency.
make the premium currency a very slow grind, then make premium currency only items, so they can grind or buy.

You’re not understanding lol. I have some really cool ideas for earning money (you earn it each time you rank up, each time your individual gun ranks up, daily challenges, match bonuses, etc…) but the problem is that each time I begin designing something I’ll start finishing it then go “No, I can do better than this” and delete all of it and start again:

end my suffering

6 Likes

And here I am, unable to make any kind of half-decent looking menu GUI, so I keep programming every other possible thing instead. Now I have a bunch of features and game elements that can’t even be accessed right now because there’s no menu. I feel the opposite pain of your pain.

Omg I’m in love with this UI

Which one haha?

We’d be the perfect developer couple if one of us wasn’t already making an FPS.

1 Like

The second one is my absolute favourite! It looks super slick and modern with the blur and little crosshairs that do the wavy thing :open_mouth:

2 Likes

It finally happened.

There’s a bug in matchmaking that’s causing people’s enter keys to stop responding for message time skipping before a song begins, but I’m investigating what’s going on and trying to get it fixed.

2 Likes

We’ve got a city!

Going to reveal the focus of this game pretty soon here.

11 Likes