What are you working on currently? (2017)

Lmao that wasn’t the sale, it was 30%

I looked at a lot of sites and a lot of models before getting that one :stuck_out_tongue:

How on bloody earth will this pay for itself? Nobody will be able to tell the difference between a $200 mesh and a $2 mesh. It just seems like a huge waste of money.

I am so triggered rn i can’t even

1 Like

So you paid $468…?

I’ve bought cheap meshes before and they’re frustrating to animate, among other things. I’ve been doing this for a long time.

7 Likes

I don’t understand. There’s no vertex deformation, you just have to cut the limbs into seperate pieces, right? There are a lot of tools that can assits you with that, even if the mesh is really messy.

There’s no single reason. It’s a combination of personal taste, workflow, and reusability for future projects.

Although it’s always possible to spend loads of money on something worthless, more expensive assets are generally better than less expensive ones.
192kHz audio can be transformed and edited without losing quality on the final result, and models with high res textures can make great thumbnails.

Models that look good usually sell better anyways, but I would rather lose some profit on a more expensive model, than make more profit but end up with something that looks super cringy outside the context of roblox.

It’s tedious to rig a model at all. I programmed my own animation system/tools so it’s a breeze once I finish cutting and uploading limbs. I can cut and animate a model in less than a day, but I’d much rather spend that time working on my game’s codebase, so there’s nothing worse than a model not turning out.
Here’s one example:
This one was inexpensive, but turns out it looked derpy and needed a lot of modification.

It took forever to upload segments (especially before the meshparts could move to their position data), and I never ended up using it

I love making the occasional rock or plant, but I’d much rather spend my time programming than spend it fine-tuning 3d models so they don’t look cringy.

4 Likes

When’s the next update for Shark Seeders?

2 Likes

It’s okay @Tomarty you’re not alone. I’ve spent nearly $2000 USD on my project so far. And we model most of the things ourselves that we can.

1 Like

Y’all are crazy.

12 Likes

Haven’t really got anything to post roblox wise, not really back… just logged in to nab a few assets and was redirected here by my browser. rip.

But I’ll post some stuff that I have been working on outside of ROBLOX… Back in Feberary I started to do some photoshopping for fun, and it eventually led to my first decently drawn picture (which can be seen below). First photo edit I’ve done in a while, here’s the original image so you can see how far I took the image.

(Inspiration for this image can be found here)

The next day I set forward to work on something a little more advance, I found this image and decided to do a Wolf Among Us (and slightly PAYDAY 2-ish) themed edit to it.

This was a rather interesting edit I’ll admit, at first I didn’t know what I was doing and had to ask my sister for advice on how to do a lot of stuff, lighting and shading being the bigger problem that I didn’t know how to go about… It was also her idea to do police lights reflecting off his jacket. And about 2 days after that I decided to draw a dragoon (dragon) that I commonly use as my gamer Icon for various sites, this was the first time that I have ever drawn something that didn’t look like a sh1tty stickman, took a total of 9 hours to draw, color and shade.

However, this is apparently a one-time deal for me… as my second attempt to draw him from a different angle/pose/emotion was like it was made by a completely different artist(cri)

However, going back to the other dragon picture… I didn’t stop there, I immediately wanted to do some more photoshopping with him and made this:

And then I found a few plugins for paint.net and wanted to try them out, after 30 minutes of goofing around I turned Blu into a Red Laser Eye’d Blood Dragon (?):

(Everything except the background was made entirely in paint.net)

And then during late-February/Current I’ve been doing more modeling… I decided to go back and revisit my old Ferrari Testarossa model from 2016, and remodel it completely from the ground up into a much better looking car model that is more or less accurate to the cars real shape, and its rather low poly.

(Tires having more polygons then the car itself, I just wanted a smoother looking tire so I doubled the needed polygon count.)

And I also decided to use my 2 drawn pictures of Blu Dragoon from above to make him into a 3D model… which was the first time that I have used 2 very different angled images to model a head with… Was a challenge, but in the end it came out pretty well, although the neck is completely undefined.

I was also pretty bored a few days later and decided to meme-ify this… Originally planned on rendering this all in Cycles but couldn’t figure out a proper lighting setup with ambient occlusion and a off-white tanish color… It’ll just end up in an all white-washed out model or a model with no visible AO. Sooo I ended up just rendering a 2k x 2k image in Blender Render w/ light AO and do everything else in paint.net… sadly I just some detailing but I worked with what I got and ended up with a not-too-bad picture.

(Also this was being around 4 am when I finished, started somewhere around 7:30PM on that day)

And on another note about the model above, I am actually working on a body for him though its far from completion and will more-than likely be completely remodeled as I am no satisfied with his proportions or shape or anything other than his head… Though it’ll be a while before I revisit his body, I’ve moved onto a different less-annoying problematic shaped body and started to work on a doggo. Yis, a doggo. But before I do that, lets take a visit to my first canine anthro model, and the decent looking head of my second disembodied head of a canine. k, see how bad they look… Lets now look at my new anthro!

The body looks much more humanoid like, less deformed and more in proportion with itself and over-all much better then the other attempts. But thats not all, besides having a basemesh for a male canine, I also have one for a female canine

Though I will admit they both have a mix breed going on, and could use improvements around the hips and toes, but over all they’re great models and I greatly enjoyed modeled them and learned a bit about proportions, though I do need to learn more about topology if I want to further improve.
######(And to make a disturbing muscular creature to out-cringe @GregTame’s humanoid lego minifig)

And I also made a few quick models for fun,

And some of you may remember / know a user that I talk about here and there. A close friend of mine, JohnDrinkin. I have been getting on him for a year now about needing to learn how to model cars outside of ROBLOX so he could use his superb car design skills elsewhere when he leaves ROBLOX. Last week he finally succumbed to Blender after seeing that Blender had been use to make a certain upcoming WWII themed heist game’s trailer and asked me to teach him how to use Blender and model… Well, here we go 1 week into using Blender and he has modeled his first car, complete with interior.

And he has also imported it into ROBLOX, and yes this is textured with a UV map, and not a plastic material from ROBLOX.

#And lastly a poll, should I finish my Time Crisis themed railshooter?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Though If I were to finish, I’ll need some help with getting an IK rig setup on an R15 character… And I’ve tried, and I do not comprehend the math behind Inverse Kenematics. Would be willing to do a trade of untextured UV-mapped models for a IK rig…

5 Likes

Artificial Intelligence is my next big step on game developing experience :3

Below is a smart AI car which follows a node map(that i created with my own plugin i have made before.) by controlling its speed rapidly based on sharp turns and stuff.

And here is an ugly car i have modelled (First model ever took me oover 3 hours.)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Making UI for a new collaboration… it’s a prison-genre game! :cop: :octopus:

5 Likes

Its local, other players wont be able to see that.

Made an explosion:

17 Likes

Made a silly little encryption thing for no reason

:eyes:

12 Likes

Uhhhhhh… been working on memes…

I made this…
(Sound can get fairly loud, just a warning)

3 Likes
  1. But why?
  2. Sound isn’t working on the last two frames.
  1. I have no clue… (memes are life)
  2. I couldn’t seem to fix this, something to do with the software I used, it broke the sound. (seems to happen to other videos like this)
1 Like