What are you working on currently? (2017)

For research, what software did you use?

image.jpg

Custom explosions, camera shake, grenade testing stuff

16 Likes

¯ \ _(ツ) _ /¯

30 Likes

First time tried modelling something (Because i needed it) and here is the results

The upcoming racing game will eb unique as i told you before :3

2 Likes

I took the Developer Console and changed it into what I needed:

Looks very well for my (lack of) skill level.

Writing a “framework” (read: random functions and tables) to easily create GUIs (like this one) out of thin air.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Cool radius selection thing.

Its actually smooth despite laggy gif

2 Likes

coming soon

5 Likes

Try GifCam

Remember that Monstercat poster I made as review for Photoshop? Now doing a similar one for JavaScript. Now if I want one for any year, it will take me 1 day to do instead of 3-4.

I’ve gone too far

15 Likes

Working on a tycoon next to Empire of Omaegar to raise some funds :slight_smile:
However, I won’t spoil anything except for the fact it may reach Alpha soon … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Yes it’s hand-made; not some Free-Model :joy: )

My thingy finally works! (except for dragging those white dividers yet)

Some details

This is a (simplified/manual) representation of the “window components” so to speak:

The bottom components (Dividers,Slots,Locals,…) have a static Min/Max set.
The Left/Right are vertical resizers, of which the Min/Max depends on their children.
The Interior is a horizontal resizer, of which the Min/Max depends on its children.
The Top’s Min/Max is Interior’s + (4,50), so the handle/commandline/resizer can fit.
Dragging the resizer (rightbottom thingy) does Top:SetSize(x,y).
The clipping happens “inside” the code, so to speak.
It tries to enlarge/shrink the most right/bottom component.
If it can’t due to the Min/Max, it’ll also resize the component above/left of it, etc.

Bluay has been doing some dank work on Kinetic Code using our custom animation editor:

8 Likes

Yush!

720p instead of 1080p cuz was still in streaming mode, but still good enough

2 Likes

Some minor progress things for Brutal;
Body Creation;

Following the image Polyblues (Mannequeen) sent me a while back, I’ve been slowly working on creating the main character for Brutal. The issue I’m looking at now is, do I keep the default R15 size, or do I look at creating a new size for the characters?

Interaction;

I’ve been using the new constraints to create visible visible ties between interactable objects and what it effects around it.
https://i.gyazo.com/3ec24dea0788e149233e1bc36423d3de.mp4
there are currently two kinds of connections; Once (The lift) and OnceBreak (The light) I plan on having more types of connections, but I’m also looking at expanding the trigger system for it, beyond purposly interacting with buttons, such as touch events, kill events or UponSeen events.
That means I can make more traps like this;
https://gyazo.com/afbe75e9c2d264e136010b4ec7220f5f

The one big struggle I’m having at the minute is pathfinding; I understand the concept of it, but I’m having some real difficulty actually applying it.
So far; I can create a grid of walkable/non-walkable nodes… Got a long way to go before this is where I want it!

Once I get this down, I can have enemies jumping up heights, follow the player through teleporters and follow them up boost pads.

And at the very end of it all; Bosses, or boss numba 1; the Allseer

Not textured yet, but this is its general design.

Anyway, thats all I’ve got so far :stuck_out_tongue: I have this week off though and will hopefully have something pretty cool by the end of the week :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Didn’t you say he wasn’t a fan of the bars between dots on the editor? Did he eventually come to like them, or do you just use a different version of the editor than him?

2 Likes

I just made a Windows Error game where you just drag the error window around and make error window art :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I tried, ROBLOX wouldn’t give up though.

Edit: I clicked clear windows and ROBLOX froze for a good minute

3 Likes