What are you working on currently? (2017)

How long until people on this forum realize Blender is actually a fantastic program?

3 Likes

Scan of hands after using Blender for a few hours:

Some of the hotkeys are just weird
13 Likes

12 Likes

I use Blender all the time mate, I freaking love it!

Fun fact, there actually is no grille :wink: Keeping a lot, if not most of the current Tesla design language while adding a little flare to it.

5 Likes

That gui just looks- Right.

1 Like

This isn’t ROBLOX, but it’s a game engine I’ve been working on for a bit. I’ve been reworking it, and I just finished a CoordinateFrame system where local-space and world-space are togglable, and rn it’s set to use local-space per parent.

So the cube is parent to the dragon, and the sphere is parented to the cube, and all im doing to the code is adding rotation to the dragon, and cube, but not changing the position anywhere :slight_smile: basically giving the effect of welds, only not with welds. Just parenting.

P.S. It took quite a bit of matrix tricks until I figured it out heh.

9 Likes

Do you have any plans on how you are going to do physics?

Well, this engine is made as both a learning experience, and a potential commercial tool for personal use, so as part of the learning experience I’m probably going to attempt to learn physics programming in more detail;
but that being said: I have no laid out plans for physics currently. Just about everything about a typical game engine, just not physics for now ;(

1 Like

:thinking:

15 Likes

34744ba2fc589ce180cb5fdfaf43ccf28b4117dd.jpg
trying a new eye type I saw from an anime I forgot the name of lol.

Some more skins I made/remade for Kinetic Code

8 Likes

My Camaro model desperately needed an overhaul, here’s the end result:92d91b9bfecb790dd30902bd3cec9e227ae3d42b.jpg
9b428789024dc9f47d37a209e590eafbfbc160f8.jpg

And the police version:

For comparison, here’s the old one:
9f7a699a8ca20b65af6952ac48c85b9c4f034b78.jpg
0c4561dea7985e70a369aa7ee37633b8f7b44514.jpg

9 Likes

ahem :confused:

[content deleted ಠ_ಠ]

Oh, I know what it is - it’s just uh…yeah.

Heh, yeah… Might want to say NSFW…

@EchoReaper Please leave and don’t come back.

2 Likes

Can’t you implement existing physics libraries into your system like Havok?