What are you working on currently? (2018)

It’s coming out alright and according to plan. Mesh lines removed, painted refined texture, correcting light sources, contrast. Here’s a little comparison of the edited and the original.

4 Likes

bounding box of part-sphere intersection

13 Likes

Animating a Velociraptor for Shard Seekers:

Someday I might add feather options to make it more true-to-life, but this is good for now :slightly_smiling_face:

(Yes this is Roblox)

It has over 50 joints (20 in just the hands.) The trick is that joints only load when a part requests them, and parts only connect while on-screen or at a high enough level-of-detail.

This means low-end devices can run lots of them:

Edit: Fixed dead gyazo links

30 Likes

Low poly pirate for my game C:

8 Likes

War Department “Austerity” locomotives. These were mass produced during the war and a batch of them were sent off to the Netherlands after the war where they were classified as NS 4300s. Built for the upcoming game Steamlined by @Supersnel11

6 Likes

Developing a new lifeboat lowering system for Roblox Titanic 2.0’s update using ropes! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/355891124138672129/443210806499344385/titanic_2.0_lifeboat_lowering.gif
A few days after this gif we figured that we won’t allow players to cut the ropes until the lifeboat can safely be dropped into the water

Iceberg sequence sped up for gif

2 Likes

Did you texture that as well?!?!

If yes, HOWWWW??

Looks neat! Also that trick is super handy! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Started working on weapons again while I’m awaiting approval on the latest character adjustments I made from my co-worker. :smirk:

7 Likes

Just finished up this project. Based off a project of Mount Fuji, inspired by build art that Fourpapa1 did. Took about 8 hours and I plan on touching up a decent bit of it after exams are over but I think it’s neat…

fujiTwo

15 Likes

how do you even do this? like what’s the process, are you using parts, wedges, or other mesh types? references? It takes a while to be able to do this in a normal image editor, much more to be able to do this in roblox 0_0

I blew up my reference image to a larger size so I could look get details as precise as possible, then I just placed bricks on top of each other. Where different colors met with edges, I would duplicate the scenery, extend it outwards, place the brick I want as background, and use the duplicated bricks from before as negative parts which I’d combine with the scenery so there wouldn’t be block overlap. It wasn’t complicated so much as it took a lot of time. Really rewarding end result though!

1 Like

Im currently working on a Underground Subway, it will be more of a Showcase its not even close to being finished but i’ve made some steady progress. https://gyazo.com/97b2e5690063df3e713dc95a7eb9637a

Clever girl

1 Like

So I did two paintings yesterday to test things. They both have their ups and downs.

12 Likes

Working on a new game with @TigerCaptain! Hope to finish it by the end of this month.

29 Likes

I love this. Looks painted. Great lines everywhere!

1 Like

I don’t think that’s how water reflections work, although it might be just an artistic choice of yours :stuck_out_tongue:

I did it wrong, my bad. A lot is on my mind right now and I’m not fully focused.

1 Like

Some new buildings for my New York, 1775 roleplay:

McKibbin and Gayley Grocery Store WIP:

Church WIP:

You can take a better look here:

13 Likes

At last, this style finally appears. Even though I can’t get by to making hand-painted textures, I love this texture style.

Fun fact: I spent the last two hours going through cool 3D models in this same style, coincidence.

Helpful tip: Astro Kat has this thing going on where he posts tips and tricks to 3D art (mainly in this style). Step by step gifs that show you exactly how to achieve the style/make the model. https://twitter.com/minionsart You should check it out!