What are you working on currently? (2018)

For those who have trouble deciding on how to go about making tree design for your game, I have the solution. Hair meshes. The Roblox Catalog provides a variety of different hair styles to choose from, allowing for an endless amount of leaf designs.

29 Likes

oh.
my.
GOSH.
This is amazing!
Why hasn’t anyone thought of this before?

1 Like

I saw that so many time it’s not rare to find a game with something like that.

Huh, I’ve never seen it before.

Hmm, never seen any of the top games with this method.

Ye probably because the game I’m talking about is not front page I will try to show you the game later.

I’ts been used it before, I can trace it back to 2015

But you are the first one to bring this technique to the front page.

3 Likes

Ah I never realized, these look really good. I felt like promoting this method would help out new developers, and possibly bring a new light for future games.

3 Likes

can confirm

27 Likes

Fixed it.
https://gyazo.com/8fe4413f3a64c5c616b537bd5ec96a81

2 Likes

Mind sharing your lighting settings? How do you get blueish shadows like that?

Here are just the basic lighting properties. I’ll share some tips in a YouTube video sometime soon on how to create lighting like this!
Screenshot_1170

3 Likes

First three houses for my simcity-esque game. Happy I got the styling down.

8 Likes

haha, I don’t really like mid-mod because its just a cheap knock off of mid-century

Not much.

6 Likes

OLD
Not for Roblox but I AM using this creation to practice to make myself better >.>

NEW

I also made a younger version.

Quite the lady killer >0>

2 Likes

Working on a 19th century ship or at least trying to, finding the information for it is annoying

9 Likes

Looks great so far! Which ship are you modeling off of?

Trying to base it off the good old HMS Victory which makes it easier to find pictures but is still annoying

1 Like

As a continuation from a game I started awhile ago (High Stakes) I’ve started a project using the Tensorflow API to create a real time stock market running on my own and GCP servers. (mostly my own servers as GCP can be pricey lol)

I’ve just got around 50% of the Tensorflow part done, but I haven’t really started on the Roblox part yet.

The idea is to have the AI simulate the market and update very frequently, and every 15-30 seconds Roblox will send a request to see the database where it can find the history and graphs including current price making the user able to buy the stock in-game.

training on some S&P500 data I found on the internet… (1000 quick epochs to get good quality, will get different data from yahoo finance after I’ve perfected the training. Also will use 8 other than 1 V100):

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

8 Likes