What are you working on currently? (2018)

The doors opening and closing remind me of Super Monkey Ball for some reason.
ECS is something that I think others should look into, as development can be difficult/time-consuming to do alone.

yeah, noise is built into Roblox Lua’s math library thing, math.noise(x,y,z)

1 Like

Next machine is finished! Stuffing machines!

6 Likes

So remember when Blu was sm0l?

…Well he has evolved into his true form.

6 Likes

Elevators / lifts in Roblox Titanic

Just testing out moving a brick that is already controlled with a tilt

Adding on the elevator interiors by @Inyo22

Works while sinking!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/446374149737414656/504807434477502475/elevators_sinking2.gif

Controlling which floors they go to
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/446374149737414656/504807410893062144/elevators_working.gif

3 Likes

I started a random build for fun, this is ~an hour of progress

29 Likes

I’d make the joke about “Just flip it over and it’ll be modern architecture design” but it looks like you already did :stuck_out_tongue:

FR tho. that’s a dang fine build.

2 Likes

Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue: I like this style, it’s fun to get away from regular game development once in a while and have fun with cool styles :sunglasses:

1 Like

Finished experimenting with the new ViewportFrame instances on GameTest2 (requires a fast flag to be enabled). I am planning on doing a Module3D V6, and it will probably be the last version to be made.

12 Likes

Started working on proper machine models and audio for those machines

also i added a bit more of a proper… “map”. and vehicles.
I might go ahead and just do the raw resource gathering as well, but i wouldn’t want it to feel like it’s copying lumber tycoon…

oh, and you can play it now.

WOOOOO! I GOT THEY CONVEYORS TO DISPLAY THE ITEMS BEING MOVED PROPERLY!!!

@ScriptOn
look! i did the thing!

4 Likes

Noice :ok_hand:

I can agree with that :smiley:

This quick hour build also looks really inspiring and opens up my eyes even while I’m in this tired mood :zzz:

Final concept design of the inventory Layout that I’ve been working on

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Also made a cool profile picture. I took a picture of myself with my LED Ring Light, and put the picture into photoshop. I then cut out my head and neck, and drew my hats that my Avatar wears, and put it over. I’m using it as my profile picture for discord.

:sunglasses:

Got Roblox maps importing into my custom graphics engine, materials and everything. It doesn’t support truss parts or corner wedge parts yet, or any file texture or mesh since I used Lua to generate export files. It would be harder to automate exportation of those.

I set the global lighting settings to a weird mixture to show off both color and specular highlights from both the sky and individual point lights, so everything appears a bit darker. The video is also stutters a bit because I was trying to record with high quality settings on a computer that can’t really handle that too well.

My cube mapping isn’t perfect for spheres or wedges either yet, so the trees look kinda weird.

Also, ignore the spinning thing. That is just a drawing canvas that I was playing with earlier this week.

2 Likes

You should disable all the weird debug stuff for your next video. Really annoying and sometimes hard to see what you’re showing us.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for the feedback! Normally I just throw it off to the side, but I forgot that time. I’ll keep that in mind for next time.

1 Like

These batteries blew up on my twitter so I guess I’m going to share them here.

7 Likes

Blowing up batteries isn’t a good idea.
What are they made from?