What are you working on currently? (2018)

I’ll see if I can have a go at it by providing some spritesheet magic; it’ll have a resolution of ~1.45° instead of 1°, but it’ll be only a single ImageLabel instead of 180.

After Effects makes this so easy to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE:

Okay, so the initial arc spritesheet is uploaded and working in studio, however since I don’t mess with Lua too much I’ll pass the rest of the job onto you to finish. I included, one that is [128px x 64px] and a second one that is [256px x 128px]. Arc resolution/frame rate hold an inverse relationship with resolution, so pick the one that suits your needs.

These are so hard to record…

What will be done is to figure out a good way to increment and decrement between the two desired angle measures; I tried messing with Tweening an IntValue, but I’m not too experienced with TweenService so I stopped here before I broke it. I wanted to implement easing, so I skipped using For Loops.

I’ve included the variables degreeMeasure and targetFrame to save a little math, all that is left is to integrate something to change the frame count by 1 from the currentFrame to targetFrame.

arcLoader.rbxl (17.4 KB)

5 Likes

Working on a 1800 Style showcase.

14 Likes

9 Likes

How did you get that sidewalk texture? Did you bake it in a different program?

1 Like

Sound Volblox continues to evolve.
Song is Mdrqnxtagon, by Frums, used only to test.

Edit: New video: fixed issues related to chart parsing and track motion

6 Likes

I’ve been working on fixing up my old Text to speech game from a while back.

It still needs ironing out, but it’s much better than the one I made before.

I need to work on the pronunciation rules a bit more, but it shouldn’t be too hard to do. It’s good because this method allows me to add new voices fairly easily.

You can take a look for yourself here, however it’s still very clunky.

Edit;
I’ve taken the game down for the time being, due to the absurd amounts of racism and filter bypasses being spoken. I’ll make it public again when I’ve worked on a custom filter (To go along-side the normal one).

7 Likes

The way it is now it could serve well as an animal crossing-esque voice generator for characters. Just pitch the voice up and blamo!

(Also sorry for the flood of players ^^")

2 Likes

always been a bit scared of smooth terrain, but I think it’s turning out well

24 Likes

love the lighting!

do you use a phonetic dictionary?

I’m not exactly sure, basically if the character(s) fits a specific rule then i will just change the sound that is produced.

The only issue I’m having at the moment is the amount of people spouting horrible things. I’m using FilterForBroadcast for all the messages in the game, but so many people are still bypassing it.

obviously. the filter is not as good as it needs to be.

I mean… we could get someone like @ScriptOn to train a better AI maybe…

No, it is actually just Slate Material, and the thing that probably makes it look like that its the shading i used in blender like this:

3 Likes

New overhaul of my most popular showcase, Apartment 23

15 Likes

Two very unrelated graphics, I’ve been working on.

This is their previous map.

I’d say this is a bit of an upgrade. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I’d live there if I could, especially if the bloxxy award comes with the house

2 Likes

**Bloxy are sold separately

I legitmately laughed when I saw this amazing map, then opened the spoiler and saw a really cruddy looking ms paint map. Very good improvement, looks good o:

I myself am finally able to share what I worked on last year around this time. A Halo Combat Evolved inspired map for Core Wars, a cancelled project I worked on with Tradesmark and LeitrisArcade.

I did about 95% of the work for this map, Tradesmark modeled the trees and did some terrain tweaks. The map was entirely designed and modeled in Blender before being ported over to Roblox, this was where I really had reached my limit with the Roblox platform and building due to having to work with Roblox’s crappy mesh collisions, Leitris ended up writing an .obj to wedge phraser to make my job easier with adding collisions to the meshes, which is much greatly appreciated. However that headache aside, the finished product was a nice looking map. Shame this won’t be played by anyone.

9 Likes

JEEESUS MAN!

Whats going on in this?