What are you working on currently? (2018)

Coding a walk-through tutorial right now… yeah, so fun! I did my best to write the other code to support adding it, but it’s still as horrible to make as any other tutorial. I don’t think there’s a single person alive who would enjoy coding a tutorial.

/rant, not going to do the full rant on how awful to make tutorials are here, but still had to vent.

9 Likes

What do you use to model and texture?

3ds Max for modeling and Substance Painter for texturing.

Decided to make four more skins. I’ll stop the scope spam now, guys. :joy:

21 Likes

Attempting to model my first airplane in Blender. I have a small RC plane (Sopwith Pup), so decided to try and model it, since I have a good reference. It’s a lot harder than I thought. I have a lot to learn still. But I’m pretty happy with my progress so far. The next step is to try to model the cockpit.

Once I get it done, I’ll make it fly in Roblox.

Update - Here’s a newer render: I will be uploading it to Roblox soon

23 Likes

Lookin’ fly.

10 Likes

Launched my first multiplayer game last night(XBox + PC).
Full of some minor bugs as it’s a month old project with lots planned still,
but hopefully nothing huge anymore.

Check it out if you want, the more feedback the better :slight_smile:

(Yes I know the UI/UX is atrocious it’s not yet my strong suit)

Thank you @IDontHaveAUse for the thumbnail!

4 Likes

Working on a city builder with procedural terrain generation.

World view before zoom:

Building site:

Town that was constructed:

Is open for now

15 Likes

Trying to make a mesh of my favourite gun, the Luger P08. Trying. Pretty clueless right now.

5 Likes

Well, small hint, theres a handle on it. :wink:

(Block it out in a super basic shape from one side, repeat for the next angle, then start adding details.)

2 Likes

I’m aware it has a handle, I’m somewhat new to blender so I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing.

And doing this is a perfectly acceptable method? Is it even “yours” after meshing it?

I took a union I made in roblox, turned it into an image, imported that image into blender, used blender’s tools to create a block that roughly fit the shape and then added details to it. I then created textures for it which set it apart even further.

If you’re making it, you don’t have to stick to the reference. You could use a generic pistol shape to get the outline you want and then work on the details you want/need. If you make it, its still your model. If you have issue with that, then alternatively make a draft version using this method. Get the jist of what you’re after, and then make the version you want, with or without the background image :slight_smile:

I’m still fairly new to blender, modelling things the way you want first time around is hard and I’m still not happy with some of my models!

All the best with it though, it’s got some nice smaller details to it.

I see. Thanks for the tips. Just didn’t feel like it was acceptable to outline it using an image from Google, I feel like it still isn’t your work, even if the mesh/model is truly all yours. But eh, I’ll try this method to see if I do any better. :thinking:

One thing I’ll say is that references are an excellent way to start making what you’re after, especially starting out. I’m sure other devs can talk about their experiences with it, could even make a good seperate discussion/tutorial at some point!

Well if you want to make a replica of the real thing then that is the best way to do it.

Thoughts on this?
Based off of Katanagatari anime.

3 Likes

Starting experimentation with AI. I have 0 experience but I love a challenge.

6 Likes

Your AI has reached Noob intelligence levels.

2 Likes