What are you working on currently? (2018)

Why do all of your images look like they have a grey film over them? Even the light is dark.

2 Likes

Because I oof myself all the time.

I’m really bad at making dark scenes ;o;

just… stuff

(it’s not a loot box because you can’t buy this bonus)
however, i left the gold jackpot at only a 3/64 chance… so i should probably change that next update…

2 Likes

14 Likes

Some simple low poly sci fi landing gears

10 Likes

Some more progress on the bridge! It’s not that much, but it’s surely making a difference.

Also, thanks for the huge amount of likes on my previous post. I really appreciate it!

11 Likes

It’s really hard to make sci-fi games that aren’t performance heavy imo :frowning:

4 Likes

Can confirm.

2 Likes

Ok terrain work again, this time I think I’m getting somewhere

Complete with water

And it turns out this is only 15k parts, time to go BIGGER!

4096x area, only 80k parts.

14 Likes

More space shuttle progress!

(Still not finished :stuck_out_tongue:)

8 Likes

now why does that look so familiar :thinking:

1 Like

Not sure?

I made it snowy now and added randomly spawning structures

7 Likes

oh, my bad. I forgot to paste the video link

it looked really similar to some terrain generation stuff I made from a year ago
down to the style of tree and everything

3 Likes

Could that have been the first version of coldsmoke’s generator?

1 Like

i doubt it. I wrote it all from scratch and never released the code.

OHH. I thought you linked a video you saw last year, not somehting you did last year.

Working on an island map using triangle terrain for that lowish/minimal feel and experimenting with the lighting.

3 Likes

Looks good, but it’s difficult to pull of that low-poly style while continuing to use Roblox avatars. Are you considering making custom characters?

Not sure yet, but thanks for the heads up. I don’t think everything is going to be low poly, just don’t really know if triangle terrain could be considered as low poly.

I’d say so! Reminds me of Ylands.