What are you working on currently? (2018)

Please no Fortnite

Sweet, never thought anyone on this site would make an asteroid mining game. I can’t wait to play it! :grinning:

P.S. I also make complex unions in studio instead of meshes in blender, I just find it less time consuming (due to exporting, importing, and resizing). Anyways I wish you the best of luck on the project and hope it is successful.

1 Like

Yeah, I read another post about sci-fi games on here. I felt intrigued by the idea of a space mining game. I really can’t wait to have a minimum viable product to test. I’ll make sure to contact you if you’re interested!

The game looks great! But can I suggest making the buildings stronger they break way to quick.

I am SO TILTED i can’t decide which loading ui to include in my game!!!

Please help me find out which one would suit better as a loading UI

1____

2____

12 Likes

M U L T I P L E
P R O J E C T S

Arcane Adventures: Island Contest (Sneak Peek)

Bittersweet

Holiday’s World (Promotional Ads)

8 Likes

Sure, I would enjoy being an alpha / beta tester for the game if you need one in the future. Just send me a message when you’re at that point; I can provide constructive feedback.

Mr.Worldwide

2 Likes

2nd

1 Like

Why not use both? The more the better! But if you’re planning on keeping it static, I’d say the second one. The background goes a lot better with the logo’s color scheme, to me the second one makes the logo stand out a lot more too since the white ring around it isn’t blending too much into the background like the first one. Pops out a lot better, you know?

2 Likes

Still need some tweaks to the dynamic UI and formatting, but the item generation algorithm and displaying of items is starting to come together nicely for my ARPG (if you dont count the crash when clicking the spawn button after the end of the video)

https://streamable.com/vygo4

3 Likes

Just opened a Disneyland preview of what the future plans to look like for Disneyland in detail! The Disneyland Resort | Roblox [TROLLEY 🚃] - Roblox

im coldsmoke and this is my magic universe

12 Likes

Trippy.

Working on some simple low poly sci fi assets for my project. A table and chair I threw together.
These in particular will serve as decorative blocks

None of the assets are textured right now but I’m liking how they’re turning out. I’ve always loved the simpler/stylized look

5 Likes

so I re-wrote my terrain generation mostly from scratch again

This time I implemented a minecraft-like biome system (biomes are logically selected due to humidity, temperature, and elevation). This one is procedural like my one from a couple of days ago, but this one uses roblox terrain and randomly generates (dead) trees. The trees are causing quite a bit of lag which ruins the procedural generation part of it so I may look at using pre-built low poly tree models or possibly generating 20 of every tree type when the server begins and then cacheing those as models so that the procedural loading doesn’t have to do so much math per chunk

Earlier I had this set up so that different landscapes had different “elevation profiles” which allowed me to have biomes such as salt flats or plateaus or mountains (as opposed to hills) but this led to biomes having odd cliffs that surrounded them so maybe tomorrow for fun I’m going to re-implement that in a way that’s more smooth

also maybe if I manage to reduce tree lag I can up the “render distance”

anyways fun times

2 Likes

Are the trees mesh parts? If not, making them into low poly optimized meshes may help a lot with the lag.
Due to instancing for one which helps tremendously, and due to the fact that unions and some roblox primitives(i.e cylinders) use WAY too many polygons than they need to. You can import a very low poly smooth shaded cylinder and have it look identical to the default roblox cylinder with an absurd amount of triangles.

Although one concern is, I’ve heard from multiple developers that meshparts for whatever reason are less friendly for mobile devices? Could you elaborate on this or confirm/deny it @zeuxcg, it’s something I’ve been wanting to know for awhile. I’ve not actually tinkered much with mobile development yet , so it is still something I’m pretty oblivious to.

1 Like

The trees are entirely “block” parts created with CFrame math

I do want to see about using meshes instead. Not sure though

based off of the MP7 :grinning: forgot to add a foregrip though lol

And also loving learning how to use TweenService:Create()
https://i.gyazo.com/bab2a3a2adcb884c171cd683629da4f6.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/7632691fced511c58cd83f224844b13f.mp4

4 Likes

ded or deed?