What are you working on currently? (2018)

1959 Chevrolet Impala, glorious landboat.

15 Likes

The showcase is growing up !
And I made that small corridor today.

EXPAND NOW !!!!!

smoke111
Imgur: The magic of the Internet this is a gif dunno why the one above is not running here…

7 Likes

And all this time I thought you were making cut scenes for one of those 2D fighter games

1 Like

And I thought I was good at sci-fi build, amazing work sofloann!

1 Like

Bru lmfao those hands…

2 Likes

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one :joy:

2 Likes

23 Likes

Im digging the hands, nice work!

When the character inserts the mag, I think the hand being lower on the mag would look much better.

1 Like

Animator said thanks for the tip xD

11 Likes

O’my goodness I almost forgot.
Full auto.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/338930829411483648/411209453220790282/Mp5k.gif

Trying to get my guns hit detection to work. Sometimes it zips right through the avatar and doesnt even pick it up.

https://i.gyazo.com/137506feec549006fc2b7115a9c7c692.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/69f9e9a8f57302b33e7c7f1ba3e92ed3.gif

1 Like

what’re you using to detect hits? Rays, .Touched, Region3?

1 Like

Continuing work on Brutal’s Framework;
Focusing on the UI elements, but making very minor progress. Trying to create a proper aesthetic while figuring out how to code it probably wasn’t the best method :stuck_out_tongue:

HUD

Pickup notification, dissapears after 4 seconds, only 4 can be static on screen, if there is a 5th, the earliest notification will dissapear.

8e515544628a5606819774c45dec541f%5B1%5D

Midscreen notifcation, I now have a way of communicating that the player needs something to progress. Same rules as above, but only 1 can be static.

89f701dc88320421c5bec9a3efba3f18%5B1%5D

Challenge progress popup; I can now set challenges in the level and give the player feedback on how they're performing towards a certain objective.

19f151b3617dc65bbd58b08ec907684e%5B1%5D

Fullscale HUD

8a794278197a8410f6aa1c955f451c3d%5B1%5D

Smaller scale HUD, if the information is too far out of the player's immediate view, the player has the option of shrinking the HUD's size. Elements do not shrink to scale however.

235b1518fb971d51b145daf54512946d%5B1%5D

Pause Menu
I’m taking what I’m using for controls, an input mapper, and using it to allow me to have a fully controllable menu, without inputs accidentally being processed as game movements. If it works out, you’ll be able to navigate the menu using a mouse, but also using a keyboard or gamepad whenever you choose, with no need to load things again. Currently, I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to be navigating using this method, specifically things like sliders and drop-down menus are a little bit of a hassle with this system.

How it looks so far,

The art style is still to be worked on, but its simple and clear atm. Hovering over a button will make its underline’s transparency reduce, so you can see clearly what is and isn’t selected.

What it actually is,

In order to make things easier on myself, I’ve seperated the menu into 4 segments;

• Main, this will house “folder” options, so selecting the “options” button here will change the buttons to “Previous menu, Game, Sound, Controls, Advanced” buttons.
  • Options, If you delve into the options menu, you’ll be given a series of buttons to toggle around with the settings of the game, from crosshair design to wether or not you’ll have blud2 enabled in-game.
  • Explain, explains whatever it is you’re hovering over and what it’ll do.
  • Controls, How to navigate the menu with whatever controls you’re using.

In the way its set up, I should be able to pretty easily hook things up and add additional options as I make them. Again, still yet to make this part behave how I’d like, but I’m confident I’ll be there very soon. Once this is done, the UI should be very nearly complete; aside from polishing, image changes and fixing damage/powerups displays, maybe even allowing players to design their own down the road… After that, I’ll be looking at language and localization implementation, I know that once I’ve created the English version of the menu, I’ll have a set amount of strings I know exist and can create modules housing the direct translations of them. I’m unsure how the newer Roblox localization system will work, especially with things like text that appears a letter at a time for speaking.

If you’ve ever made a controller compatable menu, how did you go about it? They’re pesky lil fellas.

6 Likes

Please post actual images instead of gyazo. I hate having to click each link (I also hate that site lol) >_<

3 Likes

Mp4 links in “Hide Details” make you click… its weird

Apocalypse Rising 2 chat design:

A little more individualistic than the look of the rest of the game, but the original Apocalypse Rising had this too. (The messages are just random pieces of dialogue copy and pasted from Discord to demo this lol)

You’ll also get tooltips when you mouse over certain bits now:

tzNNw_tMQCqAKHsbkQxqJw

28 Likes

I love the design… I might just have to steal it

3 Likes

I like it but the difference in font size between the username and the chat makes the username almost feel like a title rather than a label.

1 Like

Y0 I guess.

7 Likes