What are you working on currently? (2018)

That clock that I’ve been teasing at for a period of several months now is complete. Introducing the iconic grand staircase clock Honour and Glory Crowning Time

I totaled out to be 6,513 tris which is pretty decent. This will be imported to roblox but not for a while. Extremely happy to have it done and out of the way tbh.

15 Likes

Ether guardians are scary because they have very weird joints.
You wouldn’t want to cross one in the Astral any time soon. (its a gif btw)

EtherSlam

11 Likes

Put together the title graphic, but by copying & moving transparent brush stroke images I found online (I don’t have photoshop to actually draw with a paintbrush texture :roll_eyes:)

3 Likes

It’s not bad, but in my opinion you need to split up the letters in “Vam”.

3 Likes

24d45b

21 Likes

Just raise the line that’s connecting the V to A and you’ll be good.

worked hard on a new update to the logo, what do you think?

5 Likes

Yeah, the “V” looks much better, but I still think you should move the “M” so it’s not connected to the “A”.

1 Like

Been working on my project “Blox Heist” lately, here’s some cool pictures/videos

If you got any critique for this so far, let me know! Always looking to improve this.

7 Likes

The buildings are kind of bland imo but good so far.

Yeah, but since this is the smallest “district”, we need our detail for our guns/weps because the map will be massive.

Optimization I see. Fancy stuff.3.

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea how many projects I’ve scrapped so far, but my current one is a 6DoF space sim. Here’s a view of the first ship model (a corvette) I’ve almost finished, complete with some of the particle effects:

The glowing orange sections are heatsinks, à la Elite: Dangerous, and the ring is part of the ship’s FTL drive. Any feedback or questions would be cool!

6 Likes

Dabbled around with different case designs (3rd total attempt) and I think I’m gonna settle on this:

8 Likes

I get why people would add heat sinks in concept to dissipate heat off of components that use a lot of energy, and that it may look aesthetically pleasing, but why for the love of god does no one realize heat can’t dissipate in it’s standard convection form. Unless this is some sort of magical heat to radiation converting heat sink, in which case good job!

In other news, the ship looks great!
good luck on your game.

2 Likes

I get that - these heatsinks are designed to convert as much stored heat to radiation as possible, as quickly as possible, by providing a large surface area (if I were to model more detailed heatsinks, they would be multiple corrugated layers). That said, the thrusters also vent a lot of the ship’s heat, as they accelerate Helium plasma from the ship’s reactor (incidentally the largest heat source) to generate thrust.

Thanks for the compliment, and good luck to you with your projects too. :smiley:

1 Like

SWEETNESS LEVEL IS OVER 9000!

10 Likes

I think I got diabetes from just looking at that…

7 Likes

Ah! I see. Very unique and creative use of reactor byproducts! I like the idea of routing a reactor’s residue/byproduct into thrusters to use as thrust. Very ingenious.

2 Likes

Not much to post about right now for me. Just a logo refresh.
Before in Paint.net, after in Photoshop:

1 Like