What are you working on currently? (2018)

More progress.

8 Likes

Last year’s was a great thread once again. Excited for this year’s works!
Here’s my latest:

greatsword_run_01

greatsword_run_02

18 Likes

Solo Project I’ve been working on. Sorry for bad video quality:

17 Likes

The animations and mechanics look a bit rough right now which is to be expected but everything else looks amazing so far!

2 Likes

Do you have any suggestions on what mechanics could be improved or any tips that I should take note of for future development? Also thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it

Working on the “opposite” version of a gamepass I released earlier last year

One is for ninjas of light and the other is for ninjas of darkness

The bottom two pics show the female in her first form and the male in the third ((I couldn’t get a pic of the male in their first form since i didnt have the resources in my studio ATM))

the top two are the first and 2nd form for dark side males, I still gotta do the third form and all 3 female modes

These are exaggerated exclusive gamepass unlocks that are only for show. Big donators can grab em’ and show off their shining armor to other players

8 Likes

I love the blocky design of this place.

3 Likes

Just pumped out a whole bunch of Titanic lighting fixtures

Reference

Reference

Reference

Reference

light fixture

Cannot wait to see these in game with neon and possibly the new glass material

13 Likes

Going to have to remember those tricks you’re using for baked details if I ever want to go back into the mob-ish genre of building again.

Well its 2018, which means more furry anthromorphic characters to be modeled, first one of this year is a raptor character that I’ll some-how turn into a biker-esque character. Spent 7 hours boxing in the shape of the body yesterday to match that of a robloxian… it doesn’t quiet match the Robloxian body (rip) but matches it well enough that it’ll do.

And most important note: the tail is animatable :shock: !

13 Likes

Finished a cinematic-like track for a certain game. One of my first songs with a new sound pack I acquired for this Christmas! Really proud of how this one came together!

14 Likes

Reminds me of Halo 3 ODST.

5 Likes

Working on a space themed RTS, similar in nature to Territory conquest and risky strats.

12 Likes

One thing I find helps when animating is taking the most important moving part of the rig, in this case the torso, and mapping its movements in a manner that seems realistic.
Then look at the arms, they do the most movement and will draw the eye a ton, it looks like they have elbows, but the elbows are facing the camera? In a jumping jack they are facing side-out and the fists usually come closer to the head. For legs, I’d suggest adding a slight wind-up when the player lands, I believe a lot of people use their feet, but I don’t see feet on that model. If there aren’t any knees, perhaps just increasing the spread on the feet slightly, to imply it.

2 Likes

Created a module that renders a recoil chart GUI of a series of shots fired immediately after each other based off of a model of gun in my new project :smiley:

Standard pistol

Suppressed pistol (different barrel alleviates some force and hides muzzle flash)

SMG (auto, very high rate of fire)

Shotgun (huge recoil/close range damage, slow rate of fire)

Revolver (huge damage, low RoF, low mag)

23 Likes

I absolutely love this!! Good work so far!

1 Like

really nice work

2 Likes

Very interesting game, reminds me of DarkRP from Garry’s Mod.
It’s definitely a unique genre/game for Roblox, You have a niche market but they have no-where else to go, pretty dope.

2 Likes

I noticed that a lot of players in my game, Book of Monsters would leave after dying, especially if they die early… so I added a feature to occupy them during rounds!

(sorry about the super zoomed in video… trying to get used to OBS… don’t feel like recording again tho)

All they have to do is jump off the lobby during rounds, and they turn into a meteor!! It can destroy parts of the map and stun nearby players of a round that’s in session.
You can control the trajectory of the meteor, and it’s suuuuper satisfying! I’m planning on selling meteor skins too

39 Likes

Great thinking!

4 Likes

I do really love those flat-style particles.

3 Likes