What are you working on currently? (2018)

What you’ve done here is something I’ve been trying to figure out for a while.
Ideally, I’d like to be able to take that and work out how to re-create it with the minimum amount of parts, or alternately, Frames

Explorer search is pretty cool, but the only thing I ever used it for was looking for scripts. Now that we have plugin guis I decided to make one that only searches for scripts. Turned out pretty well IMO.

https://streamable.com/p8bwv

I’ll be releasing it pretty soon too, just need to fix some performance issues with really big lists of scripts.

10 Likes

Space Mountain?!

Made a convex mesh unioning algorithm for a school project. It was a “choose your own topic” type thing and my partner and I went with navmesh generation. I’m surprised I was able to solve this problem by hand in the time I did. Got to present it using Roblox Studio in front of my class.

cthulhu%20incarnate
navmesh

7 Likes

Future is Bright makes for nice renders, shame the AA wasn’t working on mine :frowning:

13 Likes

Just use blender :expressionless:.

1 Like

In some ways, that’s sortof false advertising. His screenshot is a lot closer to what in-game might look like.

8 Likes

I know! managed to code a plugin which can change lengths of animations to make them slow (not taking credit!!)

It surprisingly looks a lot better than a good chunk of Blender renders I’ve seen. I mean, if you can do it in Studio, why not try it out?

3 Likes

How is this different than AnimationTrack:Play() with a speed of 0.1 (or something else)?

2 Likes

How to False Advertise 101

1 Like

@vibed @Osyris chillll. Meant it as sarcasm-funny. Ill make up for it with an actual review.

@wravager it looks great. My suggestion to make it better is to crank up the studio graphics level to max, since that removes the jagged lines and adds smoothing. Play around with the camera FOV too, it helps give perspective/outlook. It looks cool :+1:

1 Like

@nurgenius

1 Like

Finally got a computer so I’m starting to build again, working on this small city project for fun:

9 Likes

It automatically does it for any imported plugins, and also helps to export.

It also lets me choose a set speed too

1 Like

It’s not really something i’m working on, but it’s something i’m looking forward to. Blender’s upcoming biased render engine Eevee will soon be replacing the old Blender Internal engine. It has many more functions, is PBR compatible and renders real-time.

While it can never truly look as realistic as unbiased engines like Cycles, it can render scenes a million times faster, up to under a second. Incredibly useful for us Roblox animators who don’t want to spend an extra minute per frame just because we want to have a noiseless render.

20 Likes

Wow, that’s really good. So looking forward to this.

I don’t do renders or anything often and I have never used Blender so I’d like to know what’s up with the noise in Blender renders? I’ve always used Cinema4D and it works perfectly fine, I can render 16000x16000 resolution images without any noise in a minute or two, although they don’t look as good as your images.

So, what would you guys like to see next now that the town square is done for the time being?

• Club
  • Shop
  • Pizzeria
  • Other [Leave a response]

0 voters

Make sure the pizzeria has got pizza, it helps :wink: