What are you working on currently? (2018)

That syrup looks more like caramel than syrup, but hey if you eat your pancakes with caramel it works :joy:

maybe increase the transparency a bit? or recolor?

2 Likes

It’s all good, I’m gonna change all the colors and stuff before I finish. I’m just testing to see if everything fits.

More pizza parlor progress.

3 Likes

Mama Mia, That’s a-one-a spicy pizza parlor!

12 Likes

Looks awesome, but feels like it’s missing something

2 Likes

I made an NPC Baby that can follow you around, it still needs a bit of work and I gotta add animations and sound.

I think this should be the last major update on this room for now, maybe some tweaks here and there later on.

9 Likes

I use my designs for the homestore to hypnotize kids into buying my clothing >:)

1 Like

Been working on quite a long project now, recreating a theme park area! Here are a few pics of the progress that I’ve been working on for almost two years now!

• Entrance “Underground” queue area:

• Outside “Greenhouse” queue area:

• Inside castle “Classroom” queue area:

• Ride boarding area:

https://cf-e2.streamablevideo.com/video/mp4/rn3m0_1.mp4?token=1524446815-tADSqyP%2F%2F65Ewhw40BTe7KOoL4vkk8Kj%2BKFzIYCAiTw%3D

14 Likes

A bit random but I decided to use some basic concepts from deterministic chaos/chaos theory to make a hovercraft self-stabilize when flipped. My favorite part about this is that sometimes it’ll flip immediately, sometimes it’ll flip around for hundreds of studs, sometimes it’ll stay on the ground for a few seconds, etc… but it always ends up correcting itself:

(click to play both gifs)

https://i.imgur.com/95PUEkY.gif

Here’s another interesting little experiment. I used perlin noise instead for each of the 4 thrusters and it seems to work even better. The values plugged into the noise functions are (A): a number I picked myself for each thruster when I wrote the code and (B): the amount of time that’s passed since the game instance started.

https://i.imgur.com/UYBa1xS.gif

Nothing really too practical but it was fascinating seeing how you can use inevitable random results to produce something functional. Once the hovercraft realizes one of it’s thrusters is angeled less than 90 degrees it works as normal, causing a chain reaction, and the rest of the craft to flip over. The code itself is actually pretty simple, I just love that I can get the results I want from completely random inputs.

4 Likes

Pictures of fur on the model are coming soon… I have most of the fur done, but need to tweak the head and paws…but Blu there is one fine looking Derg in the next post.

1 Like

That feels disturbing

nyc 1775 - been working on landscape (docks, roads & start of the city buildings)

10 Likes

Say hi to Thomas Jefferson for me( in phillidelphia but oh well). nice build.

2 Likes

From what I have read, Cycles actually sends the rays from the camera, and this is dubbed Backwards Ray Tracing, whereas others (not all) use Forward Ray Tracing which emits rays from the camera. Forward is more expensive because not all of the rays hit the camera, meaning wasted calculations. I can’t imagine the performance increase is drastically huge though, because there are plenty of faster raytracing renderers out there such as Redshift or Octane which do their own optimizations and tricks to make things go quicker. It’s likely the developers just chose this way as their choice for making Cycles go as fast as possible.

This is awesome! I can see why it’s not practical, but it’s definitely interesting nonetheless.

2 Likes

wow. so amazing you just flooded my mind with beautiful memories of the real life theme park. :innocent:

1 Like
13 Likes

Have you ever seen something so SHINY?

10 Likes

How intriguing >_>

1 Like

Clothing commission in progress. Has some nice details.

3 Likes