What are you working on currently? (2019)

more of my awful gfx

the colors are nice though

(all made with blender + paint.net)

4 Likes

I recently played Just Shapes & Beats… I loved it.
So I decided to make a little tribute in ROBLOX.
I think the hardest part so far is the music sync.
This is a very early test, so it lacks many features:

4 Likes

A quick look into my house building system that I posted about before. Really fun to work on!

14 Likes

I beg of you, buy the rights to use the Sims building music and use that.

2 Likes

Here:
chrome

4 Likes

I DONT FEEL SO GOOD

21 Likes

Currently I’m working on releasing an album. It’ll be released on all streaming platforms, and can be bought physically (hopefully). Been working on it for 3 months yet only have 2 songs done. Taking my time. After that, gonna work and release music videos. Trying to find collaborations.

1 Like

Ah that’s cause its just a beam object. Not a physical part…its a choice I made for the sake of performance. Resizing baseparts every frame is a lot more expensive then moving an attachment around and rendering a beam object.

Would be cool if emmissive particles could emit light though.

What about setting it’s LightInfluence to 0?

5 Likes

So awhile ago I built a script that lets you pick things up and carry them around. The first time I made this system, it was purely server sided. And laggy, the second time after some help from @kingdom5 I managed to get the dragging to be client side which eliminated lag.

This time, I’ve removed all loops, everything is client side. All the server do is manage ownership. The behavior, and selection of the client has become so much more responsive. Really happy with the outcome because of it being easy to use on Xbox.

4 Likes

Nice!! It kind of looks like the carrying feature in Bethesda games, except in that one I don’t think you can carry multiple objects simultaneously. Did you take inspiration from that or did you just come up with it on your own?

A combination of being inspired by survival games, another developer and coming up with it on my own. Started off as survival mechanics. Then it became the default interaction for my game. Though, as cool as it looks. Sadly, it comes at the cost of “fun”.

I’m probably gonna remove the “visual carry” for small items, and keep the system intact for furniture etc.

I’ve actually never played a Bethesda game.

1 Like

sims music intensifies

Some epic screenshots of Vampire Hunters 3 beta

basically 2019 rage comic faces

4 Likes

14 Likes

I just updated my game so that it looks better with shadow map.

15 Likes
6 Likes

First original remix of a KONAMI Original song for SOUND VOLBLOX or future projects/crossovers. Been alternating between this, working on the game itself, Arduino projects, and casual stuff outside of work whenever I can, so it’s been tough to get anything substantial done in the time I have left.

3 Likes

this is impressive! amazing job, is this open to the public/will it be open soon? I can’t wait to try this.

Working on it right now :wink:

In fact, I’m feeling generous, so here’s a sneak peek at the thumbnail and game name:

Fun fact: that’s just a screenshot taken directly from Roblox. I could have used Blender, but then it wouldn’t be as cool :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Oh wow, it looks awesome! Can’t wait for the release

1 Like