What are you working on currently? (2019)

Most of my recent work has been focused on detailing for my new Citadel model, as well as a few small commissions and other small projects,

Here is a picture of my older model, and then one of the new version.

[And here is the new one]

The entire project is around 29k bricks, and the buildings on the surface are actually the size of skyscrapers in any typical Roblox city game.
Though for my computers sake, they are pretty simple for the moment.

That’s about the only big thing I’m working on at the moment!

112 Likes

Been working on a raytracing renderer to use for making roblox minimaps. I tried to make it as absolutely painless as possible to render things, so I decided to make it an entire separate program, and have it just open a .rbxlx place file. That’s it. No plugins, web servers, roblox clients, any of that. Just select the file.

Here’s what it looks like in studio vs rendered:

These are the main features I wanted and implemented vs other renderers I’ve seen here:

1. Soft shadowing and area light sources.
  2. Reflection, refraction, and transparency. Mostly visible on the glass parts in the middle.
  3. Global illumination. Looking at the yellow box with the balls inside, light has bounced around, so it is not dark, even though it is in shadow from the sunlight. This also simulates ambient occlusion.
  4. Proper multithreading support and distributed rendering over the local network. I’m able to use for example my laptop and desktop at the same time, and all of their cores, for rendering the same image. This gave the rendering about a 1.7x speedup compared to just using my desktop. If I convince my family members to use their computers for a few minutes too, it’ll be even faster. :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. Materials, using the Roblox texture files stored in the app folder. Still WIP so not visible yet.
  6. Accurate tone mapping and post effects. Also WIP and is probably gonna be a pain :frowning:
28 Likes

starting the new year off right
(this is a new record for tankery)

we’ve got all sorts of cool new stuff
like some new maps

breakable stuffs

historical tanks

new death effects
https://i.gyazo.com/4c1f6665cd63374bdb0e09beae0a8807.mp4

19 Likes

Some art

based off

22 Likes

I actually made a pathtracing renderer like this last year that ran fully in-roblox using their built in raycasting. Obviously not very convenient as the render times are very long.

Crossroads, 80 minute render (800x800)

House, 26 minute render (400x400)

untitled6

Town, 5 hour render (1920x1080)

Other renders

crossroads castle close-up (400x400)
untitled8

bunch of random objects from toolbox (800x800)

Renderer has no mesh support except for the simplified hitboxes roblox provides

59 Likes

Unit testing plugin anyone?

45 Likes

Working on learning Java script and more about data bases and APIs.

4 Likes

Update: I am now using the plugin as part of my workflow! Once I finalize the framework it uses and add support for TestEZ, I will release it.

13 Likes

After finishing up a short 2018 highlight video:

I went ahead and uploaded most of the images here to my art station in their respective posts:

And now that that is all done, and I’m finally not sick, I must begin tackling my commission list and get everything caught up by the 15th. Mountain ceder is my nemeses :frowning:

21 Likes

So god damn professional :fire:. And don’t worry mate, you’re ahead of the competition when it comes to speed, quality and efficiency :wink: .

4 Likes

Swimmin’.

Immediately after taking this gif I got my face stuck in some plants.

35 Likes

Just finished re-rendering this file to upload here to the DevForums.

Its amazing what you can do with textures in Blender, if especially if you get creative with the texture masks.

58 Likes

By the way shouldn’t this thread be in Development Discussion/Cool Creations, not the Inception Forum?

12 Likes

Putting it there restricts new members from posting

Saw that on twitter. Very cool

4 Likes

File’s too big for the devforum,
It’s basically a preview of 2 Environment Interactions in order to proceed in the game’s adventure
it’s showing off a few minor contents aswell, such as a Help & Inventory Billboard UI.

23 Likes

Motto: “Out of this world!”

This stuff really is awesome, can’t wait to play, any eta?

1 Like

I see @ScriptOn showcasing awesome stuff on his twitter…but not here?! WhAtS tHe DeAl ScRipToN :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :interrobang:

I really am curious on how you got to do the vector road generator. On the logistics side, I could assume that it has something to do with…uhh…errr…math?? If its anything but top secret, please share some of the theory behind it!

3 Likes

I’m currently working on a ‘modern’ house. I’m not done but this is how far I’ve gotten. I’m still fixing little things on the front and working on the backside with a yard. I’ll work on the inside later.

25 Likes

Procedurally generated terrain with trees, mountain, lakes, and desert regions.

13 Likes

Currently developing my animation skills with the use of Blender:

Still doing FPS animations mostly but I’m dabbling a bit in character animations as well!

(video might be a bit loud so I would turn down your volume)

49 Likes