What are you working on currently? (2019)

For smoke colliding with smoke, particles are stored in a voxel grid, so that each particle only needs to check nearby voxels for collisions.
World collisions use a single raycast in the direction of particle movement.

4 Likes

Busier than usual this month so didn’t have more time to work on this but I was able to implement a few new things to the chess thingy. It now shows the available moves for your pieces when you hover over it as well as a tile visualization for the chess bot for picking the best move. I’ve also included a rating based on piece value/positioning as an estimation for whoever has the board advantage.

For more random fun I’ve made the chess bot try to select the worst possible move and matched it up against each other (sped up 10x):

Finally testing chess with multiple players, you can try it out at this place.

22 Likes

Another commission involving instruments being made, so far only got electric guitars but here they are.

10 Likes

About a week later, I finally have finished the entire “interior” for the project.

Now the main focus will be on props, as well as some catwalks and service access tunnels.
The build you’re looking at here is about 97k bricks in total [so far]
Lighting is a bit funky, but I haven’t done any atmospheric work on this so far, just building.

My main personal criticism is the “copy-paste” nature of the build, as it stands currently.
I plan on rectifying this in the coming week or two, before I open the showcase fully.

58 Likes

:flushed:

13 Likes

Need coloring and lighting, its too dull right now imo.

Been busy finalizing a game design document prior to finding and mobilizing a team for the project, and been making some UGC items… Have only made a few that I like enough to share in Twitter, the rest didn’t meet my quality standards.

I’m thinking in the near future about doing some more hats in my free time befire running some polls to see what the community might like to see more. Right now according to my statistics on Twitter majority of my followers are either in, apart of or associated with the furry fandom, or like modern to near-futuristic war things.

Personally, I wouldn’t really want a sci-fi themed hallway(i think) with a serious-ish atmosphere to have colors other from the palette of colors shown in the picture, but nonetheless, I respect your opinion.

1 Like

I’m not too fond of working with color, but in general the color of the base build probably won’t change.
I’m planning on adding color through different boxes/crates, a hologram table and other random scifi bits

1 Like

I’ve been working on my own terrain generator based on what I learned by reconstructing the Beta terrain generator.

Using 3D noise and some clever math, it can create awesome cliffs, overhangs and extreme terrain, controlled by an ‘extremeness’ value. When this value is high, you get amazing terrain like this:

When the value is low, you get flatter, less amazing terrain:

This ‘extremeness’ value, along with some to-be-implemented variables, will be modulated over the entire world, controlling the kinds of terrain you get, which should be perfect for Blox!

28 Likes

Something about vehicle assembly

And flight

24 Likes

Well. I will keep this simple and short because otherwise I’d go on, and on, and on.
Lately I’ve been working on a game named, “Spitfire”, a interactive free-roam adventure zombie apocalypse game. Heavily inspired by Phantom Forces, Project Lazarus, and a little bit of World War Z.

(we dont have much done so far, put here’s a small gun animation thingy):

Yeah, we actually have quite a bit of the map for the game done I just couldn’t access it right then. This should be coming out within 2019.

3 Likes

Been super motivated recently! Here’s a few things I’ve been working on:

Updated my current bundle texture to be higher quality cause I got bored of it being so low.

Before and After:

Made a few new icons for World // Zero!!

9 Likes

I started making things on Blender again. Here are some accessories I have made so far:

Classic Roblox Beanie

Aviator (Blue-Grey)

Two-star General

8 Likes

4 Likes

first ones are a kinda leak, the Cacodemon is glorious and so satisfying to fight/kill. His AI-statemachine tracks where you’re moving and calculates his fireball to be where the player will be.

the second is a quick screenshot on the room 1 deathmatch remaster, the animations are smooth and brutal-ified, the sprite renderer’s been fixed immensely, the pace is quicker and the bugs are all hammered out. excited to release this stuff soon.

6 Likes

Another armor model!

7 Likes

I for the past while I’ve been playing around with ViewportFrame windows. I think my favorite thing I’ve done with them so far is make portals to different maps that can be moved around with physics.

58 Likes

I just did this thing with a UiGridLayout.
Just thought I’d share this.
It’s not a big deal, but I think it’s pretty cool.

This is what my game’s Ui looks like when it’s full screen

This is what my game’s Ui looks like when it’s a tiny screen

The hearts shift!
Epic. I know.

9 Likes

HOW?!
I thought ViewportFrames could only be used with ScreenGuis and not SurfaceGuis…

EDIT:
In the process of stocking investigating your Roblox & Devforum account, I found the uncopylocked ViewportFrame thingy you made. Not going to lie, I can’t say I 100% understand the camera math, but that’s pretty cool!

4 Likes

I’ll see myself out…

32 Likes