What are you working on currently? (2019)

more stuff for that survival game thing

11 Likes

I was testing around with lighting

15 Likes

working on a parkour / freerunning system, thought iā€™d start with basic wall running, ledge grabbing and climbing :smiley:

61 Likes

That is amazing! Iā€™m surprised that this is possible, did you use any plugins?

no, itā€™s all custom scripts made in 2 days, simple prototype but is expandable

Woah! Kudos to you my dude. In 2 days the best thing I could do is a 10 minute long story game with low detail.

1 Like

something i would not be able to do, we all have our advantages ; )

4 Likes

Itā€™s quite simple actually, I have a template I made just to help people learn. XD

1 Like

That looks very awesome, would you care to explain roughly how it works? I have an idea in my head but Iā€™d love to see how you did it.

Iā€™m creating something that is very inovative!
Its a fire hydrantā€¦

6 Likes

heres a bit of description:
renderstep that works only midair and if pressing the forward key
searches nearby parts, casts ray + some vector maths and calculates the nearest point to the nearest surface of each part, filters them out by angle and distance from where player is looking (if player is looking towards the points), and finally returns 2 positions, the nearest surface point (shown as green markers in video) and the same point elevated to the parts height (the highest point, the ledge to grab, blue points in video)
first checks if youre in range of the ledge, if correct, then it grabs the ledge, which then allows you to climb up the ledge (if still held down W in a delay), if ledge is not in range, then the surface is, so it will wallrun up on that surface (and while wallrunning check every frame if a ledge is nearby to grab) if not just fall down.
the movements are just body positions, body gyros, platformstanding, root velocity and anchoring. all working together, lots of ways to control character position and behaviour. (+ mocap animations, very smooth)
hope it helps!

11 Likes

https://i.gyazo.com/0506a5bab4240a22e7d704d63f122d50.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/859e8d07f4e0699686ebbb8093e079e1.mp4

Putting the finishing touches on the new RHS avatar editor! Finished emote support and attachment repositioning today.

21 Likes

oh my god that default emote preview avatar, iā€™ve been looking for it for ages, itā€™s available to import and use ingame? how did you get the avatar meshes? or the avatar itself? so many questions lol

3 Likes

That also looks very nice. I can see the time and effort that has been put into this to make it outstanding. Good job!

2 Likes

Its roblox you know?

Thatā€™s really good, its nice to see how much roblox is being pushed graphically!

1 Like

Everyones talking about the game play but personally, I just want to admire those masterpieceā€™s for animations. Do you do commissions? If not u really should

1 Like

the animations are mocap, imported from a library, they arenā€™t animated by me, i do those kind of animations but they are time consuming, especially for small prototypes like these, but yes i sometimes do commissions

you should use the decimate modifier

I made a blog post on how you can make these type of animations using sprite sheets or just to reduce the amount of images you need to upload for your UI.

2 Likes