What are you working on currently? (2019)

Today I decided to open up my Blox Classic testing place to Early Access players so they can help find bugs! I also added some new water suspension particles and random bubbles, which make oceans feel a bit more underwater-y;

5 Likes

Finished! at 4.45k tris

10 Likes

Wood grain is facing the wrong way. That frame would be or prone to breaking.

3 Likes

ok, I think you used the wrong account hereā€¦ WoodReviewerā€¦ :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Nah just an educated fellow.

Just working on some scripting things

14 Likes

maybe turn down the maxlength or lifetime on the rockets?

meanwhile, iā€™ve been trying to take a little break from big projects, wanted to make a little thing just for gits and shiggles
weā€™ve got Deja Vu driftinā€™
https://i.gyazo.com/eff199f0d864c876de3f5a03ea08c008.mp4
Asteroid Blasting!
https://i.gyazo.com/ea227b0c623ee4f3b12332ef2866dbb8.mp4
Ore selling!
https://i.gyazo.com/575655068144afbbb5d261aa9cf74bd8.mp4

and thatā€™s about it so far. have to likeā€¦ design more ships and whatnot, figure out what else players could spend money on. upgrades perhaps? fuel? idkā€¦ :confused:

13 Likes

Iā€™m using the sun attaching stuff from a previous post to do a small simulation of our solar system. The camera movement is quite constrained because a few limitations, and a workaround is too much work for such a small project. Itā€™s just a stylised little visualization but I think it turned out nicely. There are no textures on planets, and they all have simple circular orbits. Itā€™s also not to scale at all.

The sun is the focal point of this because Iā€™m moving around the actual skybox sun to simulate lighting and skyrays as if they were in 3D space.

You can move the camera around a bit as well:

You can also do weird offsets and get nice shots like this (hold mouse3):

Itā€™s not too complex but it was fun to make. Here is a link if anyone wants to check it out:

EDIT: Just made it uncopylocked for anyone who wants to see how it works.

12 Likes

I really love the rifle gunā€™s spray system youā€™ve made, it is very smart and i loved it!

1 Like

I just recently got back into the game and Iā€™m scrapping everything Iā€™ve got to work in one uniform style. So many half baked projects all with different scale and aesthetic choices.

Going to simply start with an industrial road and see where that goes. Warehouses, factories, docks, I can think of loads of stuff to do with it, Iā€™ll keep adding pieces over time.

A problem I had with some showcase style builds was that I would get carried away with adding more and more random detail until itā€™s just a mess. Unable to change the larger things that slowly become flawed over time. This time I will hopefully avoid that by giving myself more room to work in.

1 Like

Testing sniper scope animation UI

15 Likes

Yeeeeahā€¦ I needed something to display my guns spread so I can stop inputting random numbers and hope the next gun I make feels different. Now I can actually see if the weapons are that different or not. Not to mention for a top-down shooter, high spread weapons w/ high rate of fire (or a wide shooting angle for a shotgun) can be OP as heck.

@GregTame nah, since rockets in my game are going to be low ammo, high damage (and have decently large blast radius) I want to make sure players can see where the rocket shot from. And yes rockets can kill the shooter <3

2 Likes

Small update after I took a break from roblox. So I have starting working again on the map of Halo ODST: Oni Alpha site. Here are some pics.

7 Likes

Learning blenderā€¦
Tell me what I can improve on :thinking:

1 Like

OOooh that looks really nice. It reminds me of the flintlock from ATLASā€¦ Because Iā€™ve been playing tons of ATLAS recentlyā€¦

Remade a minimap renderer based on how @badcc used to do it.

minimap_test

Sadly no MeshPart support. Learning soon.

3 Likes

:eyes:

16 Likes

(ā•ÆĀ°ā–”Ā°)ā•Æļøµ ā”»ā”ā”»

An animated Discord server icon; I wish Discord would let us use MP4s instead of GIFs- GIF compression made my half hour of render time in Cycles an utter waste due to the 8-bit color limitation.

3 Likes

Vehicle UI is uhmā€¦

Not easy. Lots of inspiration from battlefield. I want to add some more elements later but jesus christ it takes forever to get anything done since I need to make a unique UI for each vehicle type (tank, jet, heli, ATV, etcā€¦). On top of that each vehicle has a gunner seat & UI as wellā€¦ :frowning:

16 Likes

Feels bad man. The UI looks really good, and couldnā€™t the ATV just be the tank without the launcher UI? And the heli could just be a modified jet UI right?

https://i.imgur.com/UcTVk5N.gif

A character customization thing for a client

3 Likes