What are you working on currently? (2019)

okay, I seriously love this. I can see myself using this as a desktop background. Great work!

1 Like

looks fantastic, what road plugin did you use for this?

1 Like

That is 50% epic, 50% trippy, and 200% awesome.

1 Like

Some more work on the showcase!

10 Likes

Thank you very much. I don’t use road plugins, I do not recommend them though. I use SBS (Studio Build Suite) for resizing the roads and Archimedes V2 for easier smooth curves.

2 Likes

I don’t really build showcases anymore but here’s one I felt like working on yesterday. Nothing too crazy.

22 Likes

Currently planning a big update for OOF Man so I can include lots of new features and a tutorial map, one of the features that is already completed is the oxygen system and the ability to swim

• While underwater, you can press space twice to make a “double swim”, allowing you to reach high places even with low speed Mario_Swimming
    Swimming

• The oxygen bar is a bubble that appears on top of the character whenever it is underwater, the bubble has 3 stages:

• blue = more than 15 seconds

• orange = less than or equal to 15 seconds

• red = 5 seconds or less
    Oxygen_Full Oxygen_Half Oxygen_Low
    If the counter reaches 0,you get instantly killed.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family son

21 Likes

Baked shadows for this showcase or just lighting shadow map?

1 Like

Believe it or not it’s completely shadowmap, I haven’t baked anything.

Ah, I was just curious because shadowmap only works with sun shadows right now and it looked like it was night time outside of the building

Do you just set it to a night skybox and lower ambient or something but keep the sun up?

Well it’s not actually night outside the building, It’s actually a cloudy daytime skybox, I’ve textured the windows to look darker and used the shadows as per usual.

You can see it better up close with these screenshots

4 Likes

Going to be releasing Nexus Button tomorrow. It is a rewrite of Nexus Button to fit my UI design for 2019/2020.

Main feature is being able to set the gamepad button I want it to use, and automatically show/hide it when a controller is plugged and unplugged. When the button is pressed, MouseButton1Down is triggered.

6 Likes

(also can you find a small dragon in the engraving?)

17 Likes

I think it would make more sense if the bubble kept getting smaller (instead of changing color).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, I was not sure if people would prefer color or size as an indication so now there’s both effects

• the bubble is no longer transparent for better a view in the timer
  • it also keeps slowly decreasing in size
  • when the bubble reaches critical time (aprox. 2-0 seconds) the image will get back to it’s original size and the bubble will pop
    Oxygen_Critical
2 Likes

Finally got some time to work on my plugins. Decided that I wanted to make the fields look less cluttered. I think I achieved that :slight_smile:

Before

After

Now what to do I do with checkboxes…

9 Likes

Made a white tuxedo for a friend of mine. Still have to add a gold watch, but this is pretty much finished :slight_smile:
white%20tux%20comm

7 Likes

1 more
https://gyazo.com/646808eb3f672a638351cb109488ca12

15 Likes

There has been a pause in the building, within the team that I am working with. Therefore, I thought I’d use the time to work on the linked YouTube channel. If you want to hear my voice, please feel free to take a peep. The videos are mostly silly fun and many of them are just meant to indirectly publicise the presence or layout and format of the game.

I’m still new to YouTubing and so there is plenty to learn: I think I’ll have to add more soft musical backgrounds in future clips and also look at the possibility of adding titles and other effects.

8 Likes