What are you working on currently? (2019)

Update:

23 Likes

Been a while since I last posted. Here’s a GWR City Class I’ve been working on recently, with some appropriate rolling stock!

3440 “City of Truro” was most known for its speed record of 102mph in 1904 and is the only member of the class that survived the cutters torch.

10 Likes

More effects:
https://gyazo.com/13441a18d072822d20571df350102852
https://gyazo.com/60ae4966ce2f8666f5b9804950d5577a
https://gyazo.com/199d41e9192825fefe0926a565c93f4f
https://gyazo.com/8aa5a9db093e7964337252b549658c08

41 Likes

So just recently I started getting into using Blender and I’ve been loving it, though I’m not so good with it and still have a lot to learn I am very proud of how my first model came out so I decided to share and get feedback!

The model is a broken sword from Seven Deadly Sins the anime.

Be sure to give your feedback, let me know what you think I can do to improve it, ect!
Thanks

2 Likes

Learning how to 3D model again and use blender 2.8

Working on a cool little character design inspired by Darth Revan from star wars

13 Likes

New Grass + Custom Lighting = Awesome

32 Likes

Your train is beautiful. Well done on that.

GWR is one of my favourite railway companies. (Just pipped by the beautiful blue livery of the Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway.) However, when I saw your outstanding model of the City of Truro, I am tempted to change my allegiances and proclaim that your locomotion is a worthy contender for the very best of ‘God’s Wonderful Railway.’ It’s a masterpiece! I don’t know how you managed it! (Actually, I do - you have put in an enormous amount of blood, sweat and tears into your amazing build.)

Well done to you indeed. That is a truly outstanding build.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s been over 3 years since I last built this locomotive, and since then my building and understanding of steam locomotives have improved vastly. Decided this one needed a proper rebuild and I’m quite happy with the way it came out!

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get back into trains… however to so so I’d want their movement to be cframe based… and that just isnt working for me for some reason…

is roblox physics reliable enough to do trains?

2 Likes

So some one asked me on the outside wall of oni. So after a few hours here is the result:

4 Likes

I made another abstract background, how is it?

I’m trying to get more unique styles so i can improve and make it look more better :smiley:

24 Likes

It is a bit dizzying seeing through the dice. Other than that, the colors and neon on black are fresh!

1 Like

Yeah i just noticed that! Thanks for telling me :smiley:

Steam Age uses BodyVelocity to power its trains and in regards to physics, I’d say Roblox physics are not hugely reliable for trains and I had to undertake a gruelling month of trial and error just to find something I was remotely happy with.

If you want to see how good train physics can get with Roblox however, I’d recommend giving @BuilderAtWork’s Trainware a try: Trainware Demo [Alpha] - Roblox

1 Like

Better than what I did for my older trains.

I just used bodythrust in each of the powered bogies. simulating force being generated from those spots. my only issue with that is sleeping physics parts…

1 Like

Might be cool to add slightly opaque glass inside the dice, so you get a better sense of depth!

1 Like

Very first blend is a Chonka Cybertruck, with an hour or two to spare before the unveil.

3 Likes

So i made a small project in blender, i was experimenting with the reflection which is my favourite part of the animation :smiley:

VFX animation:

Anyways what do you think :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I’m working on multiple projects but I will start about my most recent project. I’m remaking the whole area of the Dutch city of 's-Hertogenbosch with the surrounding cities Vlijmen and Vught. I just started (2 weeks ago) and I already made some progress on Vlijmen and the highway A59.

30 Likes

Your builds look amazing, BobbyJNL. I particularly like the spired church. The whole build is very well made and I applaud you and your work. Well done to you.

2 Likes