What are you working on currently? (2019)

I used gimp on my macbook & drew with my trackpad. I built a PC recently and although I can get gimp, I don’t have a trackpad (&aftermarket ones look too uncomfortable to me). I still have my macbook though, I can design on it whenever I want but now it’s just for movies in bed :grimacing:

1 Like

Just added in a new lobby for my upcoming game and a currency shop!

check out the game here: (OPEN-SOURCE) fighting game - Roblox

MyEnemy:BlowUp() -- Kaboosh!

8 Likes

Dutch “Plan D” type coach

5 Likes

Team recently finished the interior of our shop, and it’s a really pretty of our build teams stuff.

pretty gif here

click it to see pretty dust particles and fireplace stuff
ShopInterior

Not particularly related to Roblox dev, but I’m learning how to DJ all the weeb tracks and stuff so that one day I can slay the RDC opening party stage.

also this is a great excuse to link my soundcloud

5 Likes

After the glimpse of the lobby I’ve shared, now I moved on to other parts of the facility I’m currently working on, have a (rushed and partial) screenshot of what will be a turbine hall (or something else I don’t really know yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

(my character’s here as a scale to show how large I made that “turbine thing”)

(because of studio going on a whim, I lost 4 days worth of work :rage: but fortunately I was able to pick off where I got stopped, and before you ask, I do save frequently, the loss occurred because my save file got somehow corrupted, so I had to pick off from an autosave and touch up a little bit of details)

Some stuff ive neglected

11 Likes

On the last video, I love your ui! it looks super nice, and the viewmodel you used with meshes made it look extra-realistic.

Although for the character interaction thing, I think it would look better if you zoomed the camera in exponentially instead of linear. kind of like Enum.EasingStyle.Quart?

1 Like

Hunting a bear

18 Likes

For your walking animation do you use IK to position the legs?

We use an IK foot planting layer but the animation itself is not procedural

1 Like

Added some asteroids and did some changes, but essentially it’s the same battle royale Thanos Snap effect.

You get where I am going with this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

some designs

15 Likes

How do you make those symmetric round edges/corners? They look really clean.

I can see you are using paint.net : )

The program I’m using, Affinity Designer, allows you to change the radius for each of the corners.

9 Likes

Haha, I guess I was wrong. The background looked remarkably similar.

1 Like

Those are some very beautiful ui elements. If you plan on uploading them to Roblox to use in-game remember to use Quenty’s alpha bleed plugins for the common image editors(probably his top post on his profile). If you’re using those for a project outside of Roblox, could you tell us more about it? I’m interested in what they’re being used for as they’re quite clean and I appreciate how simple they are.

2 Likes

I’m already using a GIMP plugin to alpha-bleed my images. The design is for a complete remake/rewrite of my game, Free Draw 2.

This lizard haunts my dreams.
Instead of spending 4 miserable hours making 2 new animations for the old garbage rig, I’m spending 16 hours building and animating a new one from scratch.

10 Likes

Lizard with a beak… Intersting. Is it bipedal or quadpedal? Meat eater? How tall is it compared to a human?

1 Like