What are you working on currently? (2019)

Learning how to make desktop applications with electron, messing around with a css animation on a loading screen thingy for experimentation purposes

(Link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503340295589724190/559725200414081024/test.gif)
20 Likes

its lookinā€™ good mate
keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found that I can define a rhythm game engine as being relatively robust when it can handle negative BPMs, as well as absurdly high BPMs.

I think after 2 and a half years, Iā€™ve finally made one.

21 Likes

I canā€™t even begin to imagine how many mechanics go into something like this. Advanced beyond imagination :open_mouth:.

Also welcome BACK! Havenā€™t seen your key-smashing cool creations in quite a while! Looking forward to seeing more!

2 Likes

I hope to work on something to be attached to my university work.

Currently practicing doing vector art.

Hereā€™s a trace of Zero Two Iā€™m still not quite finished with. Still working on the finer details, but Iā€™m slowly getting the hang of it.

16 Likes

Thereā€™s an existing game that looks exactly like yours, itā€™s called Speed Run.

Are you aware that the permissions to edit your game is enabled for everyone?

4 Likes

Currently working on some buildings for a large city! (Currently Project City Centre)

14 Likes

Man, the air quality in that city sucks.

7 Likes

Its actually supposed to be a cloud or fog effect. Iā€™m trying to make it like the one in this picture:

5 Likes

Looks very smooth, you nailed the lighting for that shot. Looks awesome :eyes:!

1 Like

Yes; all of my builds are intentionally uncopylocked so that other developers have greater access to, and thus more deeply appreciate my work. Even if someone steals my game, they wouldnā€™t be able to make the LinkedScripts work anyway.

It doesnā€™t look like youā€™ve visited yet; Iā€™m always watching.

6 Likes

What objects were you using to achieve that effect?

1 Like

First I just wanted to say thank you for not keeping this knowledge to yourself, thereā€™s far too many selfish developers out there that cripple the inexperienced like myself.

Furthermore a suggestion if you wouldnā€™t mind: in the future you could record how you built,designed the game would allow us to ā€œfollow alongā€ so others that struggle with level design would get a better understanding of how it was made.

1 Like

Vector art? It looks epic! How do you draw things like this? Iā€™ve always been interested.

bang bang

8 Likes

When the video is choppy but you canā€™t tell it looped. :ok_hand:

Working on conceptualizing monsters for someone.

Theyā€™re meant to be humanoid in shape, and some of them are to retain the robloxian heads. The game this is being apart of is using organic shapes as hostile/bad things and blocky/angled shapes as friendly and good things, hence why this monster is specifically being made to look organic and not blocky/spherical. Also remember when I posted this?

https://i.imgur.com/69pV2OL.mp4

Well this what it looks like in Roblox,

To avoid possibly making it too graphic for kids, I made the blood look more like rust then actual blood, gives the illusion of something other then just skin on the model without actually being blood. It could just be dirt or it could be blood, its up to the viewer to decide :wink:
Either way, its not meant to be friendly looking.

Also I wish Roblox had normal maps so I could keep more of my detail >:(

14 Likes

Akimbo style. :dark_sunglasses:

Canā€™t wait for the newer updates, yo.

Not OP, but generally it is in a program like Adobe Illustrator, and then assisted with a drawing tablet to make the organic paths.

Vector art is a specific medium in how the data is saved; the program saves every mark as a mathematical shape which allows for infinite resolution. Tldr, you can scale it to 10000x10000 and you get no pixelation like in a raster image.

Pressure sensitivity via a drawing tablet (I use a Wacom Intuos) is a game changer in digital art. Stuff like the hair contours are much more difficult on a mouse.

I would imagine one starts with tracing until you develop your footing in the style to draw from scratch.

1 Like