What are you working on currently? (2019)

I am working on my new obby game!

4 Likes

You should make it so when it explodes the dune buggy flings in the air, and debris fly out of it, and you “oof”

Here is a look at my game’s City at night!:

… A game coming soon to roblox

ROBLOX CITY

A simple arrow system and dialog on the bottom of your screen.

2 Likes

I am making this.

I am not sure what it is but I think it looks a little lit.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, that feels a little too… hand-holdy. a good puzzle is a mix between player discovery, and just enough of a hint so you don’t feel stupid.
I’d say break this puzzle into 2 stages of it.
the first one, with a door and a button, and the second being this one.

the first stage introduces buttons, and the second being that buttons do more than open doors

i’d also recommend adding some kind of indicator as to what powers what.

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll do that.
Thanks for the feedback!

I have been building a large assortment of assets for the past 3 months for my team’s new game.
It’s a project I’m very excited about and if all goes according to plan we’ll have it out very soon.

10 Likes

For a second I though that was Elder Scrolls 6 lol

Looks amazing can’t believe that’s ROBLOX.

I’ve been working on this retrofitted mall project for about 9 months, and I’ve recently completed Phase 1 of the mall. The second image is the in-dev Phase 2 of the mall.

15 Likes

Not a huge fan of the brick on the ground, perhaps use a texture based ground there if it has to be brick? (or maybe it’s placeholder)
Other than that, spot on to a real store design, i can almost smell the pine scented wooden floor cleaner!

2 Likes

13 Likes

Made a sentry gun from tf2 in my free time today.

18 Likes

Cool! Was that Blender or just Roblox Studio and CSG parts?

Also, you should try to put some materials on it, like Metal or something. But nice work!

I’ve been working on my small restaurant for a little bit now, I completed this earlier but for some reason I didn’t show you guys the progress I made. I removed those white chairs and made the seating more modern I guess you could call it, but yeah. Here’s some screenshots, and they’re once again 720p:

Here you can see the new seating arrangement:

Here I added some cola and made the materials more realistic for the Bloxiade (SmoothPlastic) and cola (Metal). Also added some lights to the counter:

And finally, this. This is really the same as the first screenshot but it’s just showing off the seating better:

Probably going to use 1080p screenshots after this since these look a bit blurry actually… lol

10 Likes

Love the shadows, orientation of the area, and the couches. Awesome use of details, but still making it simplistic. Imo the second picture is a bit too over-saturated, might wanna tone that down a bit. Awesome build!

1 Like

The entire build is made up of parts only. I also already added Metal onto it, hard to notice huh?

1 Like

Actually working with @chichine on a secret project not so secret… but secret !
This is just the lobby, unfinished tho

32 Likes

Thought the flickering light would give a creepy feel during gameplay, opinions please!

English triggered noises

Grammar aside I absolutely LOVE this build, combines a healthy deal of a cartoony aspect, with amazing lighting. Especially indoors!

If I were to change/add a few things:

1. The shading on the trees is slightly too reflective for a leaf/grass sort of thing. Perhaps exchanging the spheres for more square-like would make it look even better!

2. I love the current fall-off on the map, it’s simple and sets the mood! However, I don’t see adding a few outlet islands in the background would do any harm. Especially with the built-in fog in place, the silhouettes would look awesome!

I’d rate this 9/10, :clap: keep up the good work!