What are you working on currently? (2019)

First original remix of a KONAMI Original song for SOUND VOLBLOX or future projects/crossovers. Been alternating between this, working on the game itself, Arduino projects, and casual stuff outside of work whenever I can, so it’s been tough to get anything substantial done in the time I have left.

3 Likes

this is impressive! amazing job, is this open to the public/will it be open soon? I can’t wait to try this.

Working on it right now :wink:

In fact, I’m feeling generous, so here’s a sneak peek at the thumbnail and game name:

Fun fact: that’s just a screenshot taken directly from Roblox. I could have used Blender, but then it wouldn’t be as cool :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Oh wow, it looks awesome! Can’t wait for the release

1 Like

This is some of the best work I have ever seen in Roblox, your doing amazing, :slight_smile:

Be Vewy vewy quiet, we’re hunting baconhairs.

But yeah, i managed to get a particle based grass system working. thanks to @Maximum_ADHD, whose explanation of his grass system allowed me to figure out how to make my own.
sadly, particles don’t play nice with shadowmap or voxel lighting :T

now if only i could find some better grass images…

6 Likes

Our Pale Blue Dot

34 Likes

19 Likes

A tower crane slowly rising into the sky.

14 Likes

Improving my gfx skills.

2 Likes

Im guessing you really like cranes!

It’s been 2 months since I posted something here, couldn’t do much stuff since my graphics card died

RES Project logs:
  • Fixed glitch where the character could miss the start button on the console (yes, that could actually happen and you wouldn’t teleport to the game)
  • Added a skip cutscene button
  • Updated The Void to make it more creepy, banned players will be teleported to this place
    - YouTube
OOF Man logs:
  • Fixed glitch where camera would be at the wrong rotation when you died and had over 1k ping

• Repositioned Redcliff Warrior’s Taunt Character

• Fixed glitch where the Lost Soul would break free and fly away from the map

• Fixed sound glitches after multiple deaths and when killed by a boss

• Created a new boss battle system that is much more dynamic, instead of using bodypositions and lots of parts to get the player position, now it can move freely and jump around!

Just fixed part of an old project, and open sourced my automated blinds project mentioned a week or so ago.

Ellipsoid shield

I was updating my ellipsoid shield (last worked on in beginning of 2018)

The problem I was previously having was getting the effect to line up with the surface normal of the ellipsoid. Turned out to be a rather simple problem and after forgetting about this project for months I found an estimate for a solution.

Going to look at upgrading the actual effects a bit more, but I kind of like how it’s turning out.

Credit to EgoMoose for the nearest point calculation on the shield, I’ll probably redo the calculation in a slightly different way soon though.

(sorry the gif has potato quality, in game I run this at 60 FPS)

Blinds project

Like I previously mentioned, I made automated blinds. The code is really rough and really bad as it was merely for a class project, but should any of you actually want to take a look at it here’s the link:
Automated Blinds

If you have questions about either project I would be happy to answer, send a DM. :heart:

Edit: typo fix

3 Likes

I figured out how to do variable drop shadows in realtime in Roblox:
export2
export2

Colour, transparency, and radius are fully configurable. Goes smoothly from a min radius of 0 to a max radius of 200!

29 Likes

Mind to share? Or is it something just for you?

Btw it look super cool!

It’s only a quick prototype, so I’ll probably rewrite it and package it up before I share it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Plane simulator?

The video seems to not finish uploading when I post here

2 Likes

Update to the new FPS game.

1 Like

I completed a commission for some game icons for a client. It’s a new, fun style for me.

Also, HUGE respect to proper vector artists that can do this type of shading by eye; I just cheat by throwing it in Blender and letting some nodes figure it out.

7 Likes

please tell me this game is released to the public, I want to play Minecraft!