What are you working on currently? (2019)

Not yet, but it’s close to early access now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

UPDATE TO FPS GAME --The game is coming along fairly well! :smiley:

3 Likes

One last image of Blox before I head back into my cave one last time, before I open up early access!

17 Likes

Will you be adding a kind of survival mode or is it purely a creative game?

You made sure though nothing is similar to uh that one block game right? I would really hate to see it get taken down. It looks so amazing.

It’s purely creative in this first version, but the long term plan is to move to a more survival style game but still with a focus on building. Think Minecraft if Beta 1.8 didn’t happen, and what that would look like a few years down the line in its development.

Thanks! I’ve worked hard to get the legal stuff under control. I am using exactly 0 assets from Minecraft in the game; most of the assets are made by myself (the font is a variant of Elt Monad made specifically for Blox), the block textures are derivative works based on a Creative Commons resource pack by Alex Voelk (CC-BY 3.0) which I attribute in a dedicated credits screen on the main menu. The implementation of the classic terrain generator is based on the spec of the clean room terrain generator from ClassiCube, which I also credit. The only similarity is the gameplay - everything else is separate. I even went for a cleaner art style to be extra safe.

9 Likes

https://gyazo.com/41671acad535157ad25aeed212be92e9 https://gyazo.com/694a404ac1dd409e776b1aad8ee377e3 Above, low quality game, Low on Ram and a 2-core FA-130E and sharp/linear finals. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Below, Ultra HD with a Upgraded 8GB of DDR3 RAM with connecting 8-core FX-8320E and rounded finals. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Likes

For the bottom. If thats yours. I appreciate you putting the ammo on the gun instead of the corner of the screen. I wish games would do that more.
Cause i prefer to see my ammo while in combat then having to constantly look back and forth.

camera shake so hard it gave me whiplash…

also, right click > Copy video address> paste into post
(sorry if i come off as rude, just trying to be helpful)

It’s a more effective way for players. So, I figured to put the ammo on the side.

I’ll take that into consideration for my next video post. Thank you!

What did you use to make it smooth?

Probably lerping.

Working on an astronaut R15 model; based on this reference.

net-gifmaker%20(1)

8 Likes

i thought that was minecraft with a texturepack until I had a closer look lol

2 Likes

One of the many things i’ve created.

9 Likes

I love this style. It’s the perfect concotion between simple and complex.

1 Like

Looks really good, like that smooth colors you used, very good man.

1 Like

I enjoyed modelling this armor for my game. It took me like 2-3 hours to modelize it.

8 Likes

Every client sends information about how the camera is tilted, and what limbs need to move (e.g. depending on if they’re holding anything) to a remote event on the server a few times a second

The server updates the rotations of the necessary joints in their character and also updates a cframe value in the joints to the same value

On every client, in a main effects script, every frame it updates every character’s joints inbetween their current local cframe and the target cframe the server set so their joint rotation is always gradually reaching the target rotation :smiley:

1 Like