What are you working on currently? (2019)

What did you use to split up the model?

1 Like

Unfortunately a 1:1 copy of the original names cannot be created because there is no font identical to the one used then. Arial Bold is the closest with the same kerning, but the classic text was squashed in height compared to Arial Bold. But to anyone but die-hard historians, it will look just like “Old Roblox.”

8 Likes

When generating the dungeon I save it as an array of grid tiles (dungeonArray[x][y]), which I then use to fill in with blocks afterwards. 0 in the grid means empty space, 1 means floor, and 2 means wall. I also save an array of each rooms position/size so I can spawn items / monsters in rooms later on.

Edit: Oh you were asking about the animated characters, I just separate out the pieces in blender and then extrude / scale / collapse vertices to create a smooth cap

PRIMITIVE!

I am so proud to announce that the project menethia, ZiggiousZaggious and I have been working on for 8 months is finally getting to a playable state.

More pics soon :eyes:

12 Likes

made a third mascot for my team, and then combined two places together for one big world.

2 Likes

I have been making Some weapons and poses characters.

Summary

Here are Some pictures
image|690x314

Link to the game :

Model Museum - Roblox!

Just to say, go through This wall to see my most recent builds :

Just a small QOL feature in the plugin I’m creating for my code framework

SourceAssist

2 Likes

Roblox’s built-in audio filters are a lifesaver already, but I might end up suggesting a couple more that I need.
Otherwise, approximating effects in code is…bleh, but I got quite a bit working.

8 Likes

In terms of gameplay, it might be better user experience to do some color changing effects (like flashing/changing the colors of the walls to a brighter color) rather than throwing the whole stage upside-down, it might be disorienting to real players. For the sound effects, I think the one that plays when you bump to the sides is a little loud/sharp and detracts from the music a bit. Other than that, really awesome! I hope there’s some easier modes too for when you get around to releasing this. :smiley:

3 Likes

https://www.roblox.com/games/3165984684/East-Hollywood

1 Like

Woah, that is so awesome, Whats the name of ths game?

1 Like

RooM 2, it’s not released yet though):

1 Like

Almost very single video you post here is restricted on my youtube settings… Could you change it maybe?

1 Like

You’re supposed to throw the whole stage upside down.

No such thing in game design! I’m just pointing out a potential UX issue, most players won’t be aware of it being based on another game nor care about that.

1 Like

Idk man, the videos are all public and not age restricted what does it say?

going to look something like this but bigger

5 Likes

Uh oh, look out @Maximum_ADHD
He’s moving in on your turf!

1 Like

This is, my real life kitchen! I had fun making it. You cant see the whole kitchen on picture, But heres a part of it.

1 Like

I am troubled by those cabinet handles… do you pull open the cabinets or pull out the cabinets? The one above the stove is especially troubling.

…and why are the electrical plugs upside down?

1 Like